the late lt. col.(retired)McGinley

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• the late lt. col.(retired)McGinley

anybody remember the late fiachra mcginley,retired dentist,who spent many years in st. bricins and the curragh as a dental officer.? he was transferred to that great dental surgery in the sky where he will no doubt meet a good few of his patients, and colleagues.Rest In Peace, Sir.

Indeed, RIP, I was at the funeral last weekend, his son is still a serving member of the RDF (same unit as myself).
    "Are they trying to shoot down the other drone? "

"No, they're trying to fly the tank"

Comment

Rest In Peace
      "Fellow-soldiers of the Irish Republican Army, I have just received a communication from Commandant Pearse calling on us to surrender and you will agree with me that this is the hardest task we have been called upon to perform during this eventful week, but we came into this fight for Irish Independence in obedience to the commands of our higher officers and now in obedience to their wishes we must surrender. I know you would, like myself, prefer to be with our comrades who have already fallen in the fight - we, too, should rather die in this glorious struggle than submit to the enemy." Volunteer Captain Patrick Holahan to 58 of his men at North Brunswick Street, the last group of the Four Courts Garrison to surrender, Sunday 30 April 1916.

Comment

May he + Rest In Peace +

Sympathy & Condolences to Family & Friends.

Comment

RIP Sir .

Comment

Rest In Peace

Was just reading an article in an old Cosnatoir from the late 80s last night and he was featured in it.
            Covid 19 is not over ....it's still very real..Hand Hygiene, Social Distancing and Masks.. keep safe

Comment

Rip

Comment

Rest In Peace, sir

\:)|
                "Well, stone me! We've had cocaine, bribery and Arsenal scoring two goals at home. But just when you thought there were truly no surprises left in football, Vinnie Jones turns out to be an international player!" (Jimmy Greaves)!"

Comment

May he rest in peace.
                  Cry "havoc!", and let slip the dogs of war!

Comment

Working...
                  X