UK and French troops train together

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UK and French troops train together

a Rifle Company from the Coldstream Guards are the first UK troops to capitalise on the partnership formed since the signing of the defence co-operation treaty between the two nations was announced in November 2010 - by sharing knowledge in a bid to increase interoperability, and, according to CENZUB's Colonel Legrand, the Coldstream Guards are extremely welcome:

"We're impressed with the aggressiveness of the British troops. One of our goals is to develop aggressiveness with our French soldiers, so it is good to see the British doing it."

Exercise Gaulish saw the Coldstream Guards undertake two weeks of intensive training which encompassed counter-IED skills as well as offensive and defensive missions, and took place in the camp's two purpose-built training residential areas.

Read more including soldiers opinions on the exercise here: http://www.mod.uk/DefenceInternet/DefenceNews/TrainingAndAdventure/UkAndFrenchTroopsTrainTogether.htm

good stuff and i'm sure the R&R package was one to write home about also.
    RGJ

...Once a Rifleman - Always a Rifleman... Celer et Audax

The Rifles

Well the French Navy will soon be defending Britains coastline, it's only right that the Armies train together too.

Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing.

Comment

Originally posted by Goldie fish View Post
      Well the French Navy will soon be defending Britains coastline, it's only right that the Armies train together too.
      likewise we will be defending theirs and we will be flying their aircraft for them too so it makes sense all round really.
      RGJ

The Rifles

Comment

Given the Anglo-Franco interoperability, has the term "Pepper-Potting" or "Bounding" now been replaced with "Leap-Frogging"?

Comment

lol i like it S&S.

i'm no fan of the French but it's another opportunity to do some soldiering in another country so i'm all up for it.

we used to do a lot of similar stuff with the Italians.
          Last edited by RoyalGreenJacket; 5 May 2011, 14:01.
          RGJ

The Rifles

Comment

Working...
          X