Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

British - Franco Deployable Force gets underway.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• British - Franco Deployable Force gets underway.

RGJ

...Once a Rifleman - Always a Rifleman... Celer et Audax

The Rifles

Interesting stuff. Though the female soldier's beret around 0:40 reminded me of this:

"Everyone's for a free Tibet, but no one's for freeing Tibet." -Mark Steyn. What an IMO-centric quote, eh?

Comment

i bet they just love one another by now :P

Comment

[QUOTE=faughanballagh;341917]Interesting stuff. Though the female soldier's beret around 0:40 reminded me of this:

She is member of a Frence Alpine unit. They wear berets of this size.

Comment

So will there be any input with the FRANCO-GERMANIC force?

Comment

some pics of the Coldstream Guards, based here in Aldershot, training in France with French weapons etc:

RGJ

The Rifles

Comment

Did the Coldstreamers have to learn French first?

Comment

Originally posted by easyrider View Post
                they eat French Fries at McDonald's - that's enough.

nah seriously - they had French Officers who acted as Terps.
                RGJ

The Rifles

Comment

Originally posted by easyrider View Post
                  Actually a lot of them are Geordies, and have yet to learn English!

Comment

in a couple of weeks many Irishmen from the Royal Irish Regiment will also be headed to France to train with the French Army.
                    RGJ

The Rifles

Comment

Why is the first soldier in the first pic not wearing the TESS suit? His shots won't register without it.

Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing.

Comment

some pics of the Coldstream Guards, based here in Aldershot, training in France with French weapons etc:

They might find themselves jealous as they get to use a decent rifle for once...

Comment

Originally posted by Mabel View Post

They might find themselves jealous as they get to use a decent rifle for once...
                          if you said that 10 years ago i'd agree.

but the A2 pisses all over the FAMAS.
                          RGJ

The Rifles

Comment

Originally posted by RoyalGreenJacket View Post
                            if you said that 10 years ago i'd agree.

but the A2 pisses all over the FAMAS.
                            The FA MAS is unchanged since it was introduced in 1978. Hard to improve on perfection (as long as you only use SS109). The french never complained about it nor begged to change it. When an upgrade was produced, the Army decided not to replace their F1.

Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing.

Comment

Originally posted by Goldie fish View Post
                              The FA MAS is unchanged since it was introduced in 1978. Hard to improve on perfection (as long as you only use SS109). The french never complained about it nor begged to change it. When an upgrade was produced, the Army decided not to replace their F1.
                              we did beg to change ours, but when HK upgraded ours - we got the weapon we should have had.

proven in combat - the A2 is now a world class weapon.

having fired the FAMAS quite a few years ago now - it had a lot of recoil from what i remember for a 556 - probably why it has the bipod legs as standard?

i agree it was better than the A1, you may not agree the A2 is better than the FAMAS, but the A2 certainly is a 'decent rifle'.

anyhow, we digress, i'm looking forward to seeing the pics and getting feedback from some of the lads headed out to France.
                              RGJ

The Rifles

Comment

Working...
                              X