Endless silly questions from Newby

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Endless silly questions from Newby

I was just wondering would it be worth while in acquiring a few more P50 class ships or would it be a waste of money in terms of defence forces expenditure! i reckon we cud put another at least two in to operation and that they would be put to good use! Also it is roumered that the naval ships are now on 28day patrols so would it be more efficient if they brought it back to 14 days and used an extra two ships to ease of the pressure! how much does it cost to crew one of these ships with all expenses and maintenance costs included every year!

Thinking of buying my own Naval vessel

to purchase your own navy ship do you have to have your own country or just enough money. cuase i was thinking id love my own navy ship, you know id like to start a few wars etc. also how much would a really cheap one cost..........?

honest im not a budding terrorist, but more seriously, the L.e dierdre was sold of to someone and is being used as a yacht out in the med as i am led to believe! how much is she worth to day?

maybe i might buy one for the slua in waterford! call it the mtl Eithne, would be handy to have a flight deck on the back, you know wen we want to have parties and stuff like....... lol

Comment

we should Replace our navy because guys you are all shit.....lol

Nah lads im only messing, im not looking for a beating or a knee capping but i am interested in if it would it be an efficient idea to replace all our ships except for maybe the eithne as she could come in handy if the flight deck was ever needed (refer to last thread, flight deck = parties)

but no see wat i mean is that would the cost of running the niamh or roisin be cheaper than the peacocks (i mean you know them small ships) also if you ever served upon the ciara or orla you may have noticed how cramped it is! the eleven berths oh the nightmares! the crew would love it!

Comment

4 threads in like 20 minutes, newby?
        "Everyone's for a free Tibet, but no one's for freeing Tibet." -Mark Steyn. What an IMO-centric quote, eh?

Comment

slua are to be given there own naval vessels!

i know i have spoke about this before but i have never put it up as an official post of its own! and the heading was a joke! but how about something like the tug boats that are used for towing ships, the slua;'s could have one each and cost wise cant imagine it working out to harsh! if they were all bought second hand it wouldnt amount to much (anyone have an estimate on the price of a tugg? multiply that by four and tell me wat you get)

anyone have a tugg they might give us one? also would it be possible to mount light arms on one? mounteg gpmg's or steyrs for war times!

also wat would the maintenance costs be on something like this!

Comment

Four RIVETTING threads.......

Regards etc

Comment

Is 5 now, any bets as to how many points Goldie will be giving him?

Hint to newby: it is possible to delete your own posts....

Comment

ITS ACTUALLY 5 NOW AND WILL BE SIX IF MY MUM DONT KICK ME OFF. and sorry bout the caps lock im to lazy to rewrite that!

anyway peeps back to the topic at hand

Comment

Newby=LL=Fox

GRRRRRRR!!!!

Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing.

Comment

Goldie leave him alone ...hes a nice kid ! Remember that concept ....spots and no shaving and a permenant erection?
                    Covid 19 is not over ....it's still very real..Hand Hygiene, Social Distancing and Masks.. keep safe

Comment

oh happy days....

Regards etc

Comment

Originally posted by hptmurphy
                        Goldie leave him alone ...hes a nice kid ! Remember that concept ....spots and no shaving and a permenant erection?
                        You obviously didnt see the state of this section before I tidied up his posts..each one above was a single thread each!

as for the memories? Still get the spots,only in much stranger places..I remember when it was a bad thing only having to shave twice a week..as for the permanent erection? Not even in my dreams...must get on to the brother in Law..he works for Pfizer(c)

Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing.

Comment

Reading the other thread this gentleman posted on te same day,I feel I should point out to him that Naval ships have not been built with armour plating since the Iowa class.
                          Tugs,due to the amount of power their engines require,and the amount of fuel they will use,are actually more expensive to run than a "normal" ship,plus the aft deck of a tug is one of the most dangerous places in the world. I have heard of fatal accidents occuring on them that would turn your hair white..no place for a baby sluggie.
                          You cannot mount a Steyr.
                          Reducing the patrol days of a naval vessel would not reduce the pressure on the fleet,it would increase it.
                          Running costs of the naval service are published anually. Keep an eye out for the defence forces report,you'll find it on the DF official website probably.
                          Fail to prepare....prepare to FAIL!

Comment

Working...
                          X