Digital Video Cameras.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Digital Video Cameras.

I see the DF instructors on Operation Transformation are wearing cameras on a nice chest rig.

Operation Transformation 2012 by Irish Defence Forces, on Flickr

I'm sure I could justify many reasons why I need such a setup....

Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing.

Last year some of them had them on helmets I think

Comment

I think they're GoPro cameras, and they're not too dear considering they're fairly robust and produce HD footage.

Comment

Yeah, GoPro is becoming the weapon of choice for "action" footage. They also have a wide range of useful mounts, depending on where you are using it. I'd be keen to mount one on the bike, if only for evidential purposes.

Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing.

Comment

Worn in such a way that they don't expect to be diving into the dirt any time soon. Plus, if you gave them out to 5th Bah, you'd end up buying them back from Smithfield or gettting lots of shots of hairy bollix

regards
          GttC

Comment

Originally posted by GoneToTheCanner View Post
            Worn in such a way that they don't expect to be diving into the dirt any time soon.
            Wouldn't matter much with them camera's 'GoPro HD Hero' cost a fortune and are apparently the best/ toughest camera on the market.
            Don't stand there GAWPING, like you've never seen the hand of God BEFORE!!

Comment

Originally posted by GoneToTheCanner View Post
              Worn in such a way that they don't expect to be diving into the dirt any time soon. Plus, if you gave them out to 5th Bah, you'd end up buying them back from Smithfield or gettting lots of shots of hairy bollix

regards
              GttC
              And if you think the 5th are bad, then definitely dont sell them to their poorer brothers... the 65th, as you would end up with images of dirty hairy b0llixes or worse, if they find their way to kells or navan, probably sheeps b0llixes... or... their women!!!!! AAAGGGGHHHH!
              "He is an enemy officer taken in battle and entitled to fair treatment."
              "No, sir. He's a sergeant, and they don't deserve no respect at all, sir. I should know. They're cunning and artful, if they're any good. I wouldn't mind if he was an officer, sir. But sergeants are clever."

Comment

There not that expensive there 350 quid for the top model. Waterproof to 50 meters, parts are replaceable, there a very nice bit of kit. Army must have bought as some of the press stuff i see on their Facebook is shot using them.

There getting a lot of use by TV and Press as well as soldiers in combat.

Comment

Originally posted by morpheus View Post
                  And if you think the 5th are bad, then definitely dont sell them to their poorer brothers... the 65th, as you would end up with images of dirty hairy b0llixes or worse, if they find their way to kells or navan, probably sheeps b0llixes... or... their women!!!!! AAAGGGGHHHH!
                  Now I remember you
                  it will be long, it will be hard, and there will be no withdrawl
                  Winston churchill

Comment

Working...
                  X