Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Condition of vehicles.

Hi all,
    I know I'm going to get heat for this but having seen a recovery vehicle and a ramped trailer up close recently, what struck me was how rusty and apparently neglected both vehicles were. The wrecker was scabby with rust and dated from 1998. The trailer was also scabbed with rust and had visibly leaking ramp actuators. Both were badly in need of painting.Do these things not get anything more than the most basic of services anymore?

regards
    GttC

Originally posted by GoneToTheCanner View Post
    Hi all,
    I know I'm going to get heat for this but having seen a recovery vehicle and a ramped trailer up close recently, what struck me was how rusty and apparently neglected both vehicles were. The wrecker was scabby with rust and dated from 1998. The trailer was also scabbed with rust and had visibly leaking ramp actuators. Both were badly in need of painting.Do these things not get anything more than the most basic of services anymore?

regards
    GttC
    someone hasn't been doing their 'A jobs'.
    RGJ

...Once a Rifleman - Always a Rifleman... Celer et Audax

The Rifles

Comment

Are you sure they are still in use?

Comment

For sure.Both passed me on the way to the Glen. Unless they're being phased out and they couldn't be bothered keeping them tidy.

regards
        GttC

Comment

I saw a 98 Man 4x2 earlier this week that was more grey than green too. Had to wonder how many miles were on it and was it still being used as a TCV?

Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing.

Comment

Originally posted by Goldie fish View Post
            I saw a 98 Man 4x2 earlier this week that was more grey than green too. Had to wonder how many miles were on it and was it still being used as a TCV?
            The lifespan of a truck in the DF is 20 years as standard, with speciaist vehicles lasting 25. The 98 MAN 4x2 is not capable of being fitted with the ROPSS so would no longer by classed as a TCV
            CRIME SCENE INSTIGATOR

Comment

Originally posted by Goldie fish View Post
              Christ ! Could well have been one of ours (known as the "Wehrmacht" truck in our location... )
              "Well, stone me! We've had cocaine, bribery and Arsenal scoring two goals at home. But just when you thought there were truly no surprises left in football, Vinnie Jones turns out to be an international player!" (Jimmy Greaves)!"

Comment

Saw an odd one this morning, Merc 4x4 with a rectangular Galvanised steel plate bolted over the towing pin in the front bumper.

Can see why you'd have it at the back, but why the front?

Comment

Mounting Bracket for Snow Plow?
                  "The Question is not: how far you will take this? The Question is do you possess the constitution to go as far as is needed?"

Comment

Its the only thing I could think of.

Comment

Originally posted by ZULU View Post
                      Mounting Bracket for Snow Plow?
                      And Zulu wins the cigar!!
                      CRIME SCENE INSTIGATOR

Comment

The local council trucks up my way all have them too.
                        They also have a thing for gritting that gets put on the back when needed.

Comment

Originally posted by REX View Post
                          And Zulu wins the cigar!!
                          Saw snow plow near the Armoury in KK recently, it looked like it's never been used.
                          Everyone who's ever loved you was wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by The real Jack View Post
                            Saw snow plow near the Armoury in KK recently, it looked like it's never been used.
                            Obviously gotten after the bad belt of snow the last time...
                            "Well, stone me! We've had cocaine, bribery and Arsenal scoring two goals at home. But just when you thought there were truly no surprises left in football, Vinnie Jones turns out to be an international player!" (Jimmy Greaves)!"

Comment

Forward planning. Only by time it is needed no one will know where it was left!!

But Rex why can't a 4x2 be fitted with ROPS?

We used to go every where in 4x2s. They are much easier to get in and out of. For the on road trips to the range or going to a training area they are just as good if not better than any of the 4x4s.
                              Ok they are getting on in years but so are the DAF trucks.

Comment

Working...
                              X