L.E. Deirdre

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• L.E. Deirdre

What ever happened to her after they decomissioned her?
    You're even dumber than I tell people

You might have been infected but you never were a bore

Wasn't she turned into a Yacht?
    Meh.

Comment

has any body any photos of the yacht..Ibelieve it was in spain. How much of the original layout remains....?
      Covid 19 is not over ....it's still very real..Hand Hygiene, Social Distancing and Masks.. keep safe

Comment

They should have preserved it as a museum piece, it was the first purpose built ship built in in Ireland for the Navy.

Comment

According to Jim Brady in his book "The Irish Navy, What a Life"(ISBN 0952844737) She was sold for £180,000 plus auctioneers feesand left Cork Harbour in October 2001,stripped of all but essential superstructure and Living quarters. She was then sent to a German Shipyard for Conversion and now operates in the Mediteranian as a Luxury Yacht for charter,renamed Tosca IV.
          Here is her as she was being stripped and repainted in Cork Dockyard.
          Attached Files

Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing.

Comment

A View of the stern area..

The Original Of the Species..
            Attached Files

Comment

From Irish Sea Shipping

LE DEIRDRE [P20] was sold at public auction this week for IR£190,000. She was purchased by the English yacht chartering company Seastream International for conversion into a luxury charter yacht. Speaking on the Radio a Seastram spokesman appeared pleased with their bargain as they had been prepared to bid up to IR£500,000! The auction starting price had been IR£60,000.

Comment

Seastream usually only deal with smaller yachts. Its possible that this was a new venture for them,of unknown success. A Photo of her used to appear on their website,but all details of this is now gone,apart from whats below..

can anyone enlarge .gifs?
                Attached Files

Comment

I've been in contact with a former captain of the Tosca IV, he's promised to send me information on the vessel.

Comment

What type of shape was she in? To my untrained eye, it seems that she looks ok...

-Y
                    Meh.

Comment

She was in pretty good nick for a 30 year old vessel. However it was said to me that towards the end of her service,she was unable to leave Cork Harbour without blowing a gasket or a seal somewhere in the engine room.

Comment

Does anyone what port(s) she sails in/out from?

Currently I live very close to the Med. and would be interested in keeping an eye out for her?

IAS

Comment

Any further news on this? It would be nice to see what they made of her. Apparantly her hull is ideal for cruising calm waters at slow speeds.....

i.e. Not the atlantic in winter
                          Fail to prepare....prepare to FAIL!

Comment

Believe it or not, this is her.

Comment

I dont think so....If the size was right....the hull shape could not support such a mast...they had to chop her mast as it was....Top Heavy.

Apparently Jim Brady Got it wrong again.

Comment

Working...
                              X