Elmer Fudd type hat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Elmer Fudd type hat

Anyone know where to get an Elmer Fudd type hat? The style that used to be on issue. Not overly concerned about colour, in fact the more gaudy and non milmo the better

Thanks

I presume your talking about the Lowe Alpine Kosovo cold weather hat. They are called mountain hats in the civvie world and as well as Lowe Alpine I have seen them made by Berghaus and Rab. Any half decent outdoor shop should sell them.

Comment

Mountain Caps, that is the one. Could not figure out what to Google for

Comment

The specific type that was issued is the "Lowe Alpine Mountain Cap" - theres a newer one that isn't as good. The Lowe Alpine ones are goretex or triple point ceramic depending on the date of manufacture, the new variant is a more basic breathable membrane. I have the lowe (on issue) and a black berghaus one - it has a chinstrap on it which is pretty useful!

Comment

Something like this?

Northie: I have one of the old type issue Elmer fuds.I didn't know they were Goretex.
          "Let us be clear about three facts. First, all battles and all wars are won in the end by the infantryman. Secondly, the infantryman always bears the brunt. His casualties are heavier, he suffers greater extremes of discomfort and fatigue than the other arms. Thirdly, the art of the infantryman is less stereotyped and far harder to acquire in modern war than that of any other arm." ------- Field Marshall Wavell, April 1945.

Comment

picked up a british dpm elmur fud type whislt working across the water, fleece lined, savage heat it, kept me warm on manys the night shift building roads. Bought it in a factory that had a sale of stock, desert dpm wet trousers for a tenner. In about a day around 50 lads all had desert wets on the job, was a funny sight. Incidently in the same place i picked up an irish dpm shirt and pair of trousers for the pricely sum of £2 each. Asked the guys there how they had irish army gear and they thought it was a sample that they had been send as part of a tender to make supply the gear to syntex. Picked up a few pair of police issue wet trousers as well, identical to our issued ones bar the pattern of course.

Comment

Originally posted by Infy View Post
              picked up a british dpm elmur fud type whislt working across the water, fleece lined, savage heat it, kept me warm on manys the night shift building roads. Bought it in a factory that had a sale of stock, desert dpm wet trousers for a tenner. In about a day around 50 lads all had desert wets on the job, was a funny sight Incidently in the same place i picked up an irish dpm shirt and pair of trousers for the pricely sum of £2 each. Asked the guys there how they had irish army gear and they thought it was a sample that they had been send as part of a tender to make supply the gear to syntex. Picked up a few pair of police issue wet trousers as well, identical to our issued ones bar the pattern of course.
              "Well, stone me! We've had cocaine, bribery and Arsenal scoring two goals at home. But just when you thought there were truly no surprises left in football, Vinnie Jones turns out to be an international player!" (Jimmy Greaves)!"

Comment

Working...
              X