PDA

View Full Version : Mr. Paddy Hayes DSM.

Connaught Stranger
14th October 2012, 10:28
Paddy Hayes, DSM

and Life Honorary President ONE passed away at 2.00 am today.

(13 October 2012)

Removal Monday from his home at 18.00 to Ballyfeehane Church.

Funeral Mass Tuesday at 12.00.

May he +Rest In Peace +

Sympathy & Condolences to his Family, Friends & Comrades.

Craghopper
14th October 2012, 13:29
Rip

Goldie fish
14th October 2012, 14:04
R.I.P

The Distinguished Service Medal With Merit

415968 Sergeant Patrick Hayes
For distinguished service with the United Nations Force in the Republic of Congo, for
devotion to duty on several periods of service. He was thorough and conscientious in the
performance of all tasks assigned to him and often worked long and late hours to complele
such tasks. His discipline, bearing and devotion to duty were exemplary.

hptmurphy
14th October 2012, 17:32
Rest In Peace

DeV
14th October 2012, 18:56
Rip

Battletour
15th October 2012, 16:32
RIP. May the Lord of Heaven and Earth welcome you on parade.

SwiftandSure
15th October 2012, 17:24
Rest in Peace

hedgehog
15th October 2012, 18:58
Paddy Hayes was a giant amongst giants, a true hero who deserves our respect and admiration. The awarding to him of a DSM with Merit means he was more than just a Soldier, he was what we all should aspire to. No NCO or Pte got a DSM ever for simply working long and late especially in the 60's. This man did something amazing and it sickens me that kids can recount every thing about flutes like Ronan Keating but know feck all about a true Irish hero.

Truck Driver
15th October 2012, 22:07
Well said Hedgie, may he rest in peace - also saw this on the Facebook page...

Lorenco
16th October 2012, 21:08
Well said, Sir. He was indeed a true gentleman. He and his wife Peg were lifelong friends to my Mum and Dad. He and Dad and many others travelled to all corners of the country furthering the aims of ONE and looking after the welfare of their old comerades. Even in his latter years in his work on the South Mall he carried himself like a true soldier. Rest in Peace dear Paddy. The ONE Branch meetings in Heaven will now be made much more lively by your presence and wit.