PDA

View Full Version : Aml-90

kiwigunner
22nd October 2012, 20:16
Hello
I serve in the NZ army, and have been doing a study into the AML-90. I have a favour to ask you all if you have access to one.

I would like internal turret photos of the 90mm f1 turret, really intrested in ammunition storage, and F1 Breach. Can anyone help out?

Thanks
Aaron

Goldie fish
22nd October 2012, 23:55
Some of the best photos to be found of the internals of the 90 can be found in a recent book on the Armoured Vehicles of the Irish Defence forces, by Ralph Riccio. Might still be on amazon.

California Tanker
23rd October 2012, 04:38
I can do an Eland 90 this weekends, but I must admit to not being entirely sure if it's the GIAT or DEFA gun in the thing.

hptmurphy
23rd October 2012, 14:03
Depends on the turret, one is termed the Lynx turret the other carries the standard gun. The Eland Mk 9 equivalent to the AML 90 turret has the GIAT F1 Gun,

Karl Martins book on Irish Army Vehicles features some of the same photos.

kiwigunner
23rd October 2012, 20:05
Thank you guys, really appricate it.

I will post what I am working on shortly once I get a bit more of it done. Studying sucks.

yellow oscar
23rd October 2012, 23:21
I have an AML90 AND WILL GET PHOTOS FOR YOU, I WILL NOT BE ABLE TO DO IT THIS WEEKEND WILL GET DOWN THE NEXT WEEKEND.KIERAN.

hptmurphy
24th October 2012, 12:21
I have an AML90 AND WILL GET PHOTOS FOR YOU, I WILL NOT BE ABLE TO DO IT THIS WEEKEND WILL GET DOWN THE NEXT WEEKEND.KIERAN

Can't really beat that ......:-D