Berehaven today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Berehaven today

Is there any military activity on the island today? - I was there last month and drove up to the Naval guns, does anyone know will they ever open them up to the public? I would imagine during the tourist season you would get plenty of tourists. There was so much to see there, and not very much information arround.

There is plenty of it, if you have gone up to the guns at the eastern tip of the island you must have passed the camp above the village, I did my NCO's course down there

Comment

you must understand that this is DOD property and it is an occupied camp with staff all year round, therefore you cannot invite tourist's to wander through and what about accident's, there are enough injury claim's as it is internally without more from civilian tourist's,

keep safe.

Comment

If you want information on the forts,I would suggest ,even reccommend you visit Fort Dunree,In Donegal,which was built about the same time as the other treaty port Harbour defences.
        Fort Berehaven is still active for training,and as such,tourism on the island is not encouraged,unless you are willing to pay the E35 for the return ferry journey of less than a mile....I would also have great doubts as to whether your motor insurance would cover you were you to be involved in an accident on the island,as most of the natives drive cars without doors,never mind tax and insurance..

Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing.

Comment

Cheers for that!

Comment

Its a lovely place provided the weather play its part, must actually post those photos of the guns i have. To gain acces to the guns is difficult.
            For camps it good too a point. Tacticts around the Mortallo towers and surrounding areas is good.
            Only the dead have seen the end of war - Plato

"Where there is no guidance the people fall, but in abundance of counselors there is victory" Proverbs 11-14
            http://munsterfireandrescue.com

Comment

Just one ive found will try and find the other later
              Attached Files

"Where there is no guidance the people fall, but in abundance of counselors there is victory" Proverbs 11-14

Comment

Irelands answer to the Falklands....except even the Brits don't want this one back....what a kip!
                Covid 19 is not over ....it's still very real..Hand Hygiene, Social Distancing and Masks.. keep safe

Comment

It is a kip, and the state of the camp its is worse.

Comment

Nothing a few 2 story buildings and a proper drinking water supply wouldnt cure. Apparently it was used as an internment camp during the "Tan" wars
                    Fail to prepare....prepare to FAIL!

Comment

Working...
                    X