Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Don't forget your bogroll if ya want to go to war!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Don't forget your bogroll if ya want to go to war!

I must ask besides the obvious equipment and weapons what can you my fellow soldiers not go without when goin out on the ground???

There are some obvious ones but also ones not so.Obviously bog roll for emergency use!!I find bringing a book in the cemo a must for travelling ( when not in the prone position of course ).Other people swear by the benefits of a hip flask & its contents on a cold night & to dull pain where applicable!!Your own additions to your ration pack & of course the sarnies & flask!!A must when on a long tab or Ex as they take no time to prepare.But owing to weight & other considerations you have to be flexible & sensible in what you pack.Remember - YOU PACK IT YOU CARRY IT!That old chestnut again but its true.Nuthin worse than doing a 72hr Ex or more with a load of shite you don't need!!
    Live long and prosper!

Comment

Plastic bags - zip lock preferably. Nothing better to keep your smalls dry! Insulating tape and a good knife would be top priority too though.
      I don't believe in love - just friendship + sex

Comment

Chocolate! Lots of it. It keeps the energy levels up. The bar you get in the ration packs is a bit tiny for a 24 hour. (I know the sweets are there for that but mine are always green. I hate green sweets). In the event of doing security at 4am outside a freezin bivvy in a base camp.. my handy mars bar is a must.

Other than that, and I reccommend this 100%, I cant do without my water pouch. Its a clear plastic pouch that holds 1.5 litres of water and has a tube that you can clip onto your collar or webbing. No more fiddling around for a water bottle in the middle of a firefight. Its flat enough so it fits in the webbing or pack easily.

Thats my recommendation anyways!

(I bet someone will tell me Im a gucci soldier, and I should be drinking my water from fast flowing streams! Maybe in the 1800's but for now my water pouch is my best friend!..no.. second best! (my steyr and I have a unique and irreplaceable understanding).

Comment

A decent thermos/flask and thermal gear (top and bottoms). Thermals make a big difereance for the sake of ~20 euro

Comment

Something nice to add to your kidney pouches is a small bottle of Tabasco sauce, it really livens up any of the ration meals add it to the soup too. It certainly changes the Irish stew into something edible.

Bring some cuppa soups along too, I find it easier to clean the mess tins after chow:p
            Sigs - No amps, no volts = no interest

Comment

A good flask with some Chicken soup will put a spring back in your step that and some barley sugar sweets.

Comment

A few years ago anyone who ran the 10K got a decent Mug/flask type thingy..not much good on tactics,but if you are spending a long day in the guardroom or the Butts..this mug will keep the cuppa scald drinkably warm for hours!

I dont have one btw...

Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing.

Comment

You can buy those mugs in most outdoors shops including the Great Outdoors in Dublin

They have a decent stainless steel one for 10-15 euro. Its worth noting that the flask version is 25 euro and obviously holds a lot more...

Comment

EH...... leather gloves... theirs nothing like a good set of gloves,
                    Over the centuries, mankind has tried many ways of combating the forces of evil...prayer, fasting, good works and so on. Up until Doom, no one seemed to have thought about the double-barrel shotgun. Eat leaden death, demon...

http://www.iamawesome.com/

Comment

And what about the old day when officers had a batman, what, what :D

Comment

I Knew a guy who had to carry a Ltr of milk for our platoon commander while on a 48hr tactical weekend..... he got the job after i "lost" the previous pint!
                        Over the centuries, mankind has tried many ways of combating the forces of evil...prayer, fasting, good works and so on. Up until Doom, no one seemed to have thought about the double-barrel shotgun. Eat leaden death, demon...

http://www.iamawesome.com/

Comment

Working...
                        X