LTAV with flatbed / Canvas cover??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LTAV with flatbed / Canvas cover??

I saw an odd LTAV variant this morning! It was an LTAV with what looked to be a canvas covered stowage / tp carrying area to the rear. Looked like a mash up of a standard LTAV with a MANN truck glued on to the back of it. Very odd! Attracted a few bemused glances about the place. Anyone know what it is?
    "Many a time a man's mouth broke his nose"

"Don't waste money buying expensive binoculars. Simply stand next to the object you wish to view."

Are you talking about an ACMAT lookalike with an 11-D plate? I saw one today.

regards
    GttC

Comment

The ACMAT lookalike is probably an ACMAT!

Comment

Turns out the ACMAT lookalike is indeed an ACMAT. But looked very odd! Hadn't seen one similar to that before.
        "Many a time a man's mouth broke his nose"

"Don't waste money buying expensive binoculars. Simply stand next to the object you wish to view."

Comment

New batch for the ARW iirc.

Comment

They are approx 2 years old IIRC. The use is a Jetjock suggests

Comment

in these days of phone technology, a picture would have been nice

Comment

ARW Guntruck Surely??

Comment

Them.

Comment

Originally posted by Herald View Post
                    ARW Guntruck Surely??
                    Arty truck for towing Arty..

Comment

Arty truck for towing Arty

No..all the 'new' ones are for the ARW, not as a replacement for the F350s but could be armed if required.
                      Covid 19 is not over ....it's still very real..Hand Hygiene, Social Distancing and Masks.. keep safe

Comment

They're almost certainly mothership vehicles to support the F350 fleet on LRRPing gigs like in Chad where they were deployed far beyond RW support.

Common sense purchase.
                        "It is a general popular error to imagine that loudest complainers for the public to be the most anxious for it's welfare" Edmund Burke

Comment

Originally posted by Come-quickly View Post
                          They're almost certainly mothership vehicles to support the F350 fleet on LRRPing gigs like in Chad where they were deployed far beyond RW support.

Common sense purchase.
                          Got it in 1!

Motherships is the EXACT reason they were bought, similar to the old UNIMOG concept

Comment

I agree with duffman; an ACMAT but not like the old Artillery ACMATs. I recognised them as such but the rear structure struck me as odd and it also had a wire-cutter up front. I was driving so I couldn't take a picture.

regards
                            GttC

Comment

Saw it in DFTC myself this morning, with L plates on it. Smart looking bit of kit...
                              "Well, stone me! We've had cocaine, bribery and Arsenal scoring two goals at home. But just when you thought there were truly no surprises left in football, Vinnie Jones turns out to be an international player!" (Jimmy Greaves)!"

Comment

Working...
                              X