Publication of the Ministerial Air Transport Service (MATS) Statistics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Publication of the Ministerial Air Transport Service (MATS) Statistics

The Minister for Justice, Equality and Defence Announces Publication of the Ministerial Air Transport Service (MATS) Statistics

In the Programme for Government a commitment was given to introduce a new code of practice for the use of the Government jet, ensuring transparent and cost effective travel. The Department of the Taoiseach has accepted the lead responsibility for this commitment with the Department of Defence and the Defence Forces having a contributory role in its implementation.

Speaking in relation to the Defence contribution to this commitment Minister Shatter said “I am very pleased to announce that in line with a commitment given by this Government information relating to the Ministerial Air Transport Service (MATS) is now being published on the Department of Defence website and this information will be updated on a monthly basis.”

The Minister went on to say “I believe that the provision of these statistics will reveal that the Ministerial Air Transport Service continues to provide the Government with an independent, flexible and effective air transport service to assist it in meeting its international obligations. I am confident that the Service will continue to be managed to ensure its efficiency and cost effectiveness.”

A description of the Service along with the current and previous average hourly costs as well as the statistics on the use of the Service by each travelling /Taoiseach/Minister including date of travel, destination, Ministerial time on-board, and number of passengers travelling is now available via a quick link entitled Ministerial Air Transport Service (MATS) on the Department of Defence homepage at www.defence.ie

END

Áine Fitzpatrick
    Press and Information Office
    Dept. of Defence
    Station Road
    Newbridge
    Phone: +353 45 492108

Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing.
Working...
X