What the...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What the...

Was looking at stuff about Wheeled Infantry Fighting vehicles to satisfy a curiousity when I came across this...interesting, throwback.

CRAB Panhard Combat Reconnaissance Armored Buggy Survivability High- Mobility vehicle;raidformator presents: pete ruppert photography/republic drive @ eurosa...
    "It is a general popular error to imagine that loudest complainers for the public to be the most anxious for it's welfare" Edmund Burke

Army Guide - information about the main battle tanks, armoured vehicles and armament of the land forces and also the information concerning other army subjects - CRAB, Reconnaissance Vehicle, Armoured Vehicles

Comment

The Audi LED's are a bit much... but would something like this be a reasonable replacement for the Scorpions?

Comment

i heared a rumour today that the df is thinking about getting the mowag eagle?
        has anyone heared that?
        I know the ltav,s are new so I was sceptical but the person is in cvws dftc

Comment

[QUOTE=kaiser;396818]i heared a rumour today that the df is thinking about getting the mowag eagle?
          has anyone heared that?
          I know the ltav,s are new so I was sceptical but the person who said it is in cvws dftc???

Comment

I can't see why we would since the Eagle is basically an analogous competitor that was considered in the competition that RG32 won.
            "It is a general popular error to imagine that loudest complainers for the public to be the most anxious for it's welfare" Edmund Burke

Comment

Originally posted by pym View Post
              The Audi LED's are a bit much... but would something like this be a reasonable replacement for the Scorpions?
              I'm not being condescending when I say this, but this would be one of the worst possible things you could replace the CVRT with.

It's basically an ltav with a big turret on it.

Comment

Originally posted by kaiser View Post
                i heared a rumour today that the df is thinking about getting the mowag eagle?
                has anyone heared that?
                I know the ltav,s are new so I was sceptical but the person is in cvws dftc
                People are less than impressed with the LTAV since it came into service so it wouldn't be beyond the realms of possibility.

Comment

Really? That's disappointing.

Any idea what sort of issues (within opsec) were coming up?

Comment

put it this way the ltav,s go between the tpt workshop to ord workshops and back
                    but I hope the snags are ironed out
                    I think the ordnance side is nearly sorted

Comment

Hopefully so. They were supposed to among other things be the solution to a gap in the protection available to troops overseas.

Comment

Originally posted by kaiser View Post
                        put it this way the ltav,s go between the tpt workshop to ord workshops and back
                        but I hope the snags are ironed out
                        I think the ordnance side is nearly sorted
                        Should be still covered by warranty surely ?!

Comment

Were the options for additional LTAVs ever exercised?

Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing.

Comment

heading back into AML territory there.
                            Covid 19 is not over ....it's still very real..Hand Hygiene, Social Distancing and Masks.. keep safe

Comment

Originally posted by hptmurphy View Post
                              heading back into AML territory there.
                              Could have been a more affordable replacement?

Of course, it seems to be a concept at the moment

Comment

Working...
                              X