Patrick Cassidy 3inf Batt ( KIlkenny) Serving

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Patrick Cassidy 3inf Batt ( KIlkenny) Serving

Passed away last night at St. Lukes Hospital Kilkenny.

Rest In Peace.

Condolences to Family , Friends and Colleagues.

Far too Young
    Last edited by hptmurphy; 7 November 2013, 14:13. Reason: addition of rank
    Covid 19 is not over ....it's still very real..Hand Hygiene, Social Distancing and Masks.. keep safe

From RIP.ie:

The death has occurred of Sgt. Patrick (Pat) CASSIDY
    Marble Court, Paulstown, Kilkenny / Athlone, Westmeath

In St. Luke's Hospital Kilkenny. sadly missed by his loving wife Yvonne, daughters Rachel and Jessica, son Cian, mother Rose, brothers Joe, Sean and Frankie, sisters Mary and Ann, brothers-in-law, sisters-in-law, mother-in-law, father-in-law, nephews, nieces, his 3rd Infantry Battalion Comrades James Stephen's Barracks Kilkenny and his Comrades in Army Headquarters.

May Patrick Rest in Peace

Reposing at his home from 6pm today, Wednesday, followed by removal on Thursday evening arriving at the Church of the Assumption, Paulstown at 7pm. Requiem Mass on Friday at 12 noon followed by burial afterwards in the New Cemetery, Paulstown. Family flowers only please. Donations, if desired, to the M.R.I. Scanner Appeal.

Rosary will be recited at his home this evening at 9pm.
    "Fellow-soldiers of the Irish Republican Army, I have just received a communication from Commandant Pearse calling on us to surrender and you will agree with me that this is the hardest task we have been called upon to perform during this eventful week, but we came into this fight for Irish Independence in obedience to the commands of our higher officers and now in obedience to their wishes we must surrender. I know you would, like myself, prefer to be with our comrades who have already fallen in the fight - we, too, should rather die in this glorious struggle than submit to the enemy." Volunteer Captain Patrick Holahan to 58 of his men at North Brunswick Street, the last group of the Four Courts Garrison to surrender, Sunday 30 April 1916.

Comment

Those who knew him or worked with or even just met him will be sad because they know he was one of lifes decent and good blokes- those who never knew him or never worked with him or never had the good fortune to meet him should be sadder because they will never know the pleasure of simply having a shite talk with one of lifes gentlemen.

At some stage I hope some of his family and freinds google Pats name and find this site- and if they do, I want them to know that Pat was well liked and respected and he was at the end of the day a good bloke who I was proud to call a comrade.
      Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold;
      Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world,
      The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere***
      The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
      The best lack all conviction, while the worst
      Are full of passionate intensity.

Comment

May the Lord Jesus have mercy on him and may he rest in peace.

Comment

Rip
          "He is an enemy officer taken in battle and entitled to fair treatment."
          "No, sir. He's a sergeant, and they don't deserve no respect at all, sir. I should know. They're cunning and artful, if they're any good. I wouldn't mind if he was an officer, sir. But sergeants are clever."

Comment

those who never knew him or never worked with him or never had the good fortune to meet him should be sadder because they will never know the pleasure of simply having a shite talk with one of lifes gentlemen.
            I fit into this brackett, but once I was made aware of a soldiers passing on my territory felt I was bound to mark his passing.
            Covid 19 is not over ....it's still very real..Hand Hygiene, Social Distancing and Masks.. keep safe

Comment

Rest in Peace Comrade.

Comment

Working...
              X