X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need some MRAPs?

There is probably an opportunity to pick some up:

Majority of US MRAPs To Be Scrapped or Stored

WASHINGTON — The US Army estimates it will need to spend $1.7 billion in supplemental wartime dollars over the next several years to modernize and retain 8,585 mine-resistant, ambush-protected vehicles, while divesting itself of another 7,456 MRAPs it no longer needs.

But the majority of those the service will keep will be mothballed in prepositioned stocks, according to an internal Army document.

Even with thousands of vehicles sitting in warehouses awaiting the next conflict, the MRAPs that will remain in the force represent only one third of the 25,000the Pentagon bought since 2007, costing $50 billion.
    Morer at link
    "On the plains of hesitation, bleach the bones of countless millions, who on the very dawn of victory, laid down to rest, and in resting died.

Never give up!!"

if only i had the money to buy one...
    RGJ

...Once a Rifleman - Always a Rifleman... Celer et Audax

The Rifles

Comment

Originally posted by RoyalGreenJacket View Post
      if only i had the money to buy one...
      Shouldn't have wasted your cash on a Chelsea tractor then

Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing.

Comment

Think I'd prefer one of these tanks, similar weight & fuel consumption to a MRAP too!

Everyone who's ever loved you was wrong.

Comment

If I won the lottery...

We sell ex MOD Land Rovers, Military Vehicles, Earth Moving Plant in our online auctions, tenders and sales.
          'History is a vast early warning system'. Norman Cousins

Comment

A G-wagon? Too much (silly) money for a mini-Unimog....buy a nice Land Cruiser instead, or if you are really rugged, get a Pinzgauer..

Comment

Originally posted by Goldie fish View Post
              Shouldn't have wasted your cash on a Chelsea tractor then
              one can never waste money on a Quattro
              RGJ

...Once a Rifleman - Always a Rifleman... Celer et Audax

The Rifles

Comment

Originally posted by RoyalGreenJacket View Post
                one can never waste money on a Quattro
                one can - buy a mondeo instead and spend a week with half a dozen hookers and a pound of coke.

you'll not go to your grave thinking 'i wish i'd snorted coke off fewer tits and looked more seriously at depreciation values..'

Comment

Working...
                X