2* Rank Markings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2* Rank Markings

Just to let you know that it looks like the DF have finally decided to issue 2* rank markings for the DPM's. I emailed the RDFRA and got this reply,

"the first supplies of the 2* rank markings for use with the DPM will be available for issue within the next month."

Just keeping you all informed and answering a rumour post of a couple of months back
    Last edited by Guest; 9 February 2003, 01:35.

Admin: Wiped :p

Comment

next month more like next year if we're lucky
      Glaine áir gcroí
      Neart ár ngeag agus
      beart de réir ár mbriathar

-"If people behaved in the way nations do, They would all be put in straight jackets" - Tennessee Williams

Comment

All the 2* in my unit have them... id say about 35 ish have em!
        Over the centuries, mankind has tried many ways of combating the forces of evil...prayer, fasting, good works and so on. Up until Doom, no one seemed to have thought about the double-barrel shotgun. Eat leaden death, demon...

http://www.iamawesome.com/

Comment

2*

WE NEED 2* RANK MARKINGS FOR RECRUITS PASSING OUT ARE YOU SAYING THAT THEY ARE IN STORES?

Comment

I don't know what unit you're in but it looks like the 7th have them. As far as I know we don't yet.

The official word is:

"the first supplies of the 2* rank markings for use with the DPM will be available for issue within the next month."
            Last edited by Guest; 9 February 2003, 13:42.

Comment

2*

Yeah all the S and T in McKee have them but my unit doesnt yet.

Comment

About time ...

Comment

Don't worry Kermit your not alone there :(

Comment

Hahahahahah Kermit - no norweigan shirt. Ooooooh they are so warm.

That doesn't allow you to try and rob someone elses though!
                    I don't believe in love - just friendship + sex

Comment

2* rank makings a waste of time scence most 2*s are pushed on through the system fairly quickly.
                      Only the dead have seen the end of war - Plato

"Where there is no guidance the people fall, but in abundance of counselors there is victory" Proverbs 11-14
                      http://munsterfireandrescue.com

Comment

Thats because you have a bloody Cadre CQ T.I.M. unlike us who have a CPL.

No norwegian Kermit?? thats because ur in CIS u dont need one!! does it get THAT cold in the Back of an FFR??

2 star Rank markings were there for 60 years why get rid of them now Its a RANK therefore they should have markings, and in most units (though not all) it takes roughly 8 or 9 months to become a 3 star.

Friends Come and Go, but Enemies accumulate!!

Comment

Originally posted by Bailer
                          in most units (though not all) it takes roughly 8 or 9 months to become a 3 star.

That’s the way it works in the 6 FAR. Personally speaking I was rather proud to put on my two stars when I got them, yeah within a years time I was a full three star but that not the point, its a badge of achievement and should be worn by those who have earned it.

Comment

the only unit in mc kee that have them is the 7th bn - a company.... i.e my FLASH!!!!
                            Over the centuries, mankind has tried many ways of combating the forces of evil...prayer, fasting, good works and so on. Up until Doom, no one seemed to have thought about the double-barrel shotgun. Eat leaden death, demon...

http://www.iamawesome.com/

Comment

I reckon it's a bit silly to have a rank and not be able to show what you've achieved, as far as anyone else is concerned you're going to be a recruit until you get your three stars. The sooner these two star markings come into full circulation the better, small question though, why are we only getting them now, surely some bigwig must have forseen the fact that reservists spend considerably more time at two star rank level than their PDF counterparts. Still best not jinx it for anyone.

Comment

Working...
                              X