• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tom lacey

Tom lacey athlone bks
    Very sad news news !!

From RIP.ie:

The death has occurred of Thomas (Cpl) LACEY
    13 Ceathru na gCloch, Monksland and formerly of Clonown, Athlone, Roscommon / Athlone, Westmeath

Deeply regretted by his beloved son Kayden, his heartbroken parents Frank and Kathleen, sisters Laura (McGee)(Dundalk) and Cathriona, partner Danielle, in-laws, aunts, uncles, nephews, nieces, cousins, relatives and friends and colleages in th 6th Inf Bn., Athlone.
    Rest in Peace

Reposing at his residence on Wednesday from 4pm to 8pm with removal on Thursday morning to SS Peter & Paul's Church for Mass of the Resurrection at 11am. Burial afterwards in Coosan Cemetery.
    "Fellow-soldiers of the Irish Republican Army, I have just received a communication from Commandant Pearse calling on us to surrender and you will agree with me that this is the hardest task we have been called upon to perform during this eventful week, but we came into this fight for Irish Independence in obedience to the commands of our higher officers and now in obedience to their wishes we must surrender. I know you would, like myself, prefer to be with our comrades who have already fallen in the fight - we, too, should rather die in this glorious struggle than submit to the enemy." Volunteer Captain Patrick Holahan to 58 of his men at North Brunswick Street, the last group of the Four Courts Garrison to surrender, Sunday 30 April 1916.

Comment

May he rest in peace. May the lord Jesus have mercy on him.

Comment

rip
        Bohs till I die

Comment

RIP
          "He is an enemy officer taken in battle and entitled to fair treatment."
          "No, sir. He's a sergeant, and they don't deserve no respect at all, sir. I should know. They're cunning and artful, if they're any good. I wouldn't mind if he was an officer, sir. But sergeants are clever."

Comment

Working...
          X