PA NCO Course?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PA NCO Course?

Does the provost marshall course alone make a PA an nco?
    Over the centuries, mankind has tried many ways of combating the forces of evil...prayer, fasting, good works and so on. Up until Doom, no one seemed to have thought about the double-barrel shotgun. Eat leaden death, demon...

http://www.iamawesome.com/

TIM, they have the "option", that doesn't exempt them for their provost course requirements.

Comment

Originally posted by Bravo20
      TIM, they have the "option", that doesn't exempt them for their provost course requirements.
      Well then ask the Training depot how many MP's have done the course? face it there is no "option"!
      Over the centuries, mankind has tried many ways of combating the forces of evil...prayer, fasting, good works and so on. Up until Doom, no one seemed to have thought about the double-barrel shotgun. Eat leaden death, demon...

Comment

TIM what you don't know about the FCA would fill Croke Park. Just because you have never seen any PA on a course doesn't mean they can't. Most don't because they still have to do their own course. Also if there was an issue with numbers they wouldn't get priority (because it is not necessary for their promotion). A PA can do the normal POT NCOs course in the same way that people from the west can do a course in the East (or any other command) and Slua personnel can do the FCA officers course.

I remember once having an argument with someone over the population of New Jersey he was claiming that it was half of what it actually was, and despite producing census information, his reasoning was that he had been there and there didn't look that many people. Your response reminds me of that argument.

Comment

Bravo, bravo... (excuse the pun)
          quite frankily what i know about the defence forces serves me quite well, i have always been one to come to when a question needs answered!

secondly as you said a MP can do a normal pots course i reffered to the case that none do due to many reasons, i for one know of a PA cpl (now sgt) who wasnt let go on a standards course, and was not alowed to go near the BGE pots cse!

granted they may have the "option" but of all the PA cpl's out there how many have done a pots course?

Comment

There were 5 on my course.
            "The dolphins were monkeys that didn't like the land, walked back to the water, went back from the sand."

Comment

Well my point is that even tho it is open to them, they only do the PM course to get their stripes! they should have to do both like the regiment!

Comment

Originally posted by T.I.M.
                Well my point is that even tho it is open to them, they only do the PM course to get their stripes! they should have to do both like the regiment!
                Do I sense some bitterness? If you weren't happy about having to do both why didn't you join the PA's?Your point is taken, not many PA's do the pots course the reason been they have their stripes and have passed their exams and been judged qualified to do the job required of them. Let it go man your only upsetting yourself.
                Last edited by mic; 18 February 2004, 03:12.

Comment

Where did this come from? i didnt start this thread?

[MOD: We haff waves off making yu talc.]

Comment

Mods must have extracted the posts from the E Bde PNCOs thread.

[Correct Holmes: the original thread was taken off track and this thread was formed as a result]

Comment

Are there MOI & Tactics elements in the provost marshals course? or is it just military law, powers of arrest, etc

Comment

Maybe it is about time we got some PA input into this thread, any of them out there?

Comment

Long time no see!
                          Just to clarify, P.A.s are instructed in MOI & Tactics as part of the Probationers cse.
                          DF P.A.s are also qualified in MOI & Tactics and may, at the discretion of an Inf Bn CO, serve as an Nco within a Bn after a conversion cse(updates on COFD, tactics etc). There is no requirement for a P.A. to undergo POTS cse unless they wish to do so.
                          Hope it helps.
                          ... it were better not to have lived at all than to leave no trace of one's exsistence behind.
                          Napoleon

Comment

Thanks muckraker,

Is the Probationers Cse then to go from 2* to PA Cpl?

What Cse is covers the MPs 3* rank?, before anyone says it I know the only Ptes in an MP Coy are in support duties

What the PM Cse T.I.M. is on about?

Comment

when a recruit joins a rdf PA unit they undergo the same recruit training as any other unit square bashing ,tactics etc up to 3* private .it's when they become a 3* that the probationer course begins proper (of course they have picked up some things from doing duties with their unit before this) . the probationers coure consists of MOI ,duties of a points man ,provost ops (route recce+signing the bulk of a field unit's work)military law ,garrison duties,crime investigation and detection , statement taking and the paper work invovled ,arrest procedures and much more(as well as any duties that arise ). when this is completed they must complete a written test and take part in an ex which normally incorporates all of the above then upon passing this they are promoted to corp and placed in an NCO platoon and spend the next few months going over the same thing . the PA training is constantly changing as law's change and procedures are brought in

Comment

Working...
                              X