PDA

View Full Version : Join this RDF unit.

bulldemboots!
25th February 2004, 00:41
Not sure if this subject has come up before so Joshua can moderate if necessary.

Thought this could be an opportunity for people to promote various Reserve Defence Forces units. I'll start the ball rolling.

If you're from Dun Laoghaire- Rathdown / South County Dublin / Wicklow you may be interested in this website: www.21infantry.com (http://www.21infantry.com)

morpheus
25th February 2004, 08:43
Everyone knows the 7th Battallion B Company is the best unit in North County Dublin!!

Were based in the slua hall in swords, its alongside the grounds of the GAA Club, just off the Dual Carriage way, at the most northern roundabout (before the M1 motorway flyover roundabout).

Meet just before 8pm on thursdays, ask to see the Company Clerk, Our website isnt ready yet (bailer is working on it i think!?).

PM or EMAIL me and find out more, Ive only joined the last two months, and find it very very organised and professional.

If your serious about the army, this is the unit to go to

Joshua
25th February 2004, 09:53
Hmm, contact addresses and phone numbers for RDF units are available HERE (http://www.military.ie/dfhq/pubrel/GreenPages2008.pdf).

This thread will be allowed to run providing that you promote your own unit and do not engage in inter unit slagging,( excluding pa`s that is.)

Regards etc

Bailer
25th February 2004, 10:25
<FONT FACE="TAHOMA" COLOR="#FF9900">Eh Morph??

B-Coy is THE ONLY unit in north Co. Dublin!!

But if you live anywhere between Gormanston and Drumcondra, in Fingal. Contact us on Thurs Between 2000 and 2200. Fingal has the Largest Population of people between the age of 17 and 34 in the country. Our recruitment is aiming to reflect this.

The website is long finshed I'm just waiting for Clearence from the relevant authorities, unlike some people.!!

</font>

trellheim
25th February 2004, 11:51
Hmmmm: that photo is copyrighted to someone else... thinks aloud. Be careful about that kind of thing.

Big Al
25th February 2004, 13:40
Join the 11th Crossed Wires, for brief glimpses of the computer room and tales of the mytical SINCGARS gismo

JAG
25th February 2004, 14:57
If anyone wants a training programme for their PC for the SINCGARS I have one that I got off a US National Guardsman's website. Google it and you will be rewarded (eventually)

FMolloy
25th February 2004, 16:08
One member from each unit can make one post on this thread to include your unit name, brief description, unit location & times of parades. Once every unit has posted the thread will be locked off & set as a sticky.

That way, prospective recruits in your area, get the relevent basic information and if they're anyway interested they can go down & find out themselves.

All other posts will be "moderated".

Regards etc

The Joker
25th February 2004, 17:14
If your bus stops at Heuston Station why not (dont answer that question!!!) joint the 2nd Field Medical Company. Its situated in St Bricins Hospital, beside Arbour Hill Prision.You get good qualifications, meet new friends, impress the women:p . You are guranteed 1 weekend away each and every month. PM me or email for more info. The other only north side unit:D

Fighting Irish?

trellheim
25th February 2004, 20:34
Shouldn't it be every sub-unit ?

Given that for some units (eg the West Cork Biys of the 11th Bn or the 15 Bn Kerrymen ) there's a large geographical spread and so one may be more attractive than the other.

On PS there's always the military.ie website index of all the units if you want to find your local one.

landmark
27th February 2004, 19:06
If you live anywhere in Dublin ... join the 7th Field Artillery Regiment.

The 7th Regiment is as professional a unit as you get in the FCA. If you join us, you will be trained to be as good a Gunner as our PDF counterparts. You will get hands-on with our heavy artillery guns as well as all the standard soldier & infantry skills such as drill, tactics and weapons. You can expect regular weekends and field days along with the formal weekly training programme.

If you are interested, come along any Tuesday night to McKee Barracks at 19:45. Ask for the 14th Battery of the 7th REGIMENT (not Battalion!) at the gate. Alternatively, PM me and I will meet you. We are recruiting just now.

What's more if you shape up - you will earn the rank of "Gunner XXX" which is far better than being called "Private XXX". And you get to wear this unit flash on your No1s ...

http://www.bailerweb.com/images/army/artillery/7far150.gif

Docman
1st March 2004, 12:08
IF you Live in Limerick or go to College in Limerick

B COY 14 INFANTRY BATTALION
WANTS YOU!!!

If you are already in a Reserve unit (from outside Limerick) and Working or Studying in Limerick, come on attachment to us.

We will train you in:

Rifle Marksmanship with the Steyr 5.56mm Rifle
Foot Drill
Arms Drill
Tactics and Fieldcraft
Combat First Aid

And that is only in your First Year!!!

After your First year you will receive training in:

81mm Long Barrel Mortar
84mm Anti-tank Rifle
General Purpose Machine Gun and Bren LMG
Navigation Skills and Map Reading
Radio Communications
Nuclear Biological and Chemical Warfare Training
Advanced Tactics

As you can see, the Training is Extensive and Rewarding, the NCO's are Dedicated and Professional, and the People are Motivated and Proficient.

Come to Sarsfield Barracks, Limerick ANY Wednesday night at 1945hrs (7.45pm) and take a look, or Ring 061-314233, Extn 4338.

PM me for more Info.

Your adventure is just beginning.

Docman
1st March 2004, 12:11
14 Infantry Battalion

samhail
7th March 2004, 18:01
McKee also has 7th Battalion cCoy and aCoy(im in cCoy).
I enjoy it. good set of lads.

We too are recruiting for another platoon. Contact numbers on the military.ie site as posted above. or just come down on wednesday night and talk to a sargent or a corporal, they will put you in the right direction.

cCoy trains on wednesday night from half seven til about ten.
I dont know about aCoy.
mckee Engineering corpe trains on thursday too.

santos
8th March 2004, 14:29
join the 11th field Engineers we train on thursday nights in McKee barracks from 20:00 to 22:00
we have members from all over dublin and south meath
traing includes all basic infantry and support engineering including explosives

The_Equalizer
31st March 2004, 00:02
The 7th Inf Batt B Coy is the one to go for.

One of the most professional RDF units you'll come across.

Goldie fish
31st March 2004, 00:23
7 Bn Personnel should take a look on the thread entitled "corruption of youth" in the Politics section.

Docman
7th September 2006, 21:54
It's that time of year.

HQ Coy, 32 Res Inf Bn are currently recruiting.

Goldie fish
7th September 2006, 23:27
Excellent Graphic. Watch now as every other unit steals it and modifies it for their own use.

trellheim
8th September 2006, 09:25
62 INF Bn are also recruiting in all areas of Dublin south of the river , Wicklow North AND South and also out to Rathcoole and beyond

ODIN
8th September 2006, 09:37
I think it is safe to say that every unit in the country is starting to recruit in some way!!!

Hang-Fire
8th September 2006, 10:14
62 INF Bn are also recruiting in all areas of Dublin south of the river , Wicklow North AND South and also out to Rathcoole and beyond

See www.62infantry.com for more info.

sparky
8th September 2006, 12:52
67th Infantry "A coy" is starting theirs soon (in the next few weeks) but i suppose it's like anywhere else you can always put your name down on the list .

morpheus
8th September 2006, 15:29
It's that time of year.

HQ Coy, 32 Res Inf Bn are currently recruiting.
Attached Images HQ Coy - 32 Res Inf Bn.pdf (150.9 KB, 86 views)

hmmm......

Excellent Graphic. Watch now as every other unit steals it and modifies it for their own use.

(What he said!) Permission to rape... er pillage ... no no no, thats not what i mean, ummm... borrow... these graphics for our own unit?

Think of it as a kind of appreciation for your hard work that others wish to use it, plus we wont be taking from your cachement area (65th)!!:biggrin:

Itchy
8th September 2006, 15:48
Actually, apparently the 32 Bn catchment area covers most of the country except Limerick. There is a few Jackeen C*nts down there alright, raising the standards of course.

MOB87
8th September 2006, 17:26
If you live anywhere in Dublin ... join the 7th Field Artillery Regiment.

The 7th Regiment is as professional a unit as you get in the FCA. If you join us, you will be trained to be as good a Gunner as our PDF counterparts. You will get hands-on with our heavy artillery guns as well as all the standard soldier & infantry skills such as drill, tactics and weapons. You can expect regular weekends and field days along with the formal weekly training programme.

If you are interested, come along any Tuesday night to McKee Barracks at 19:45. Ask for the 14th Battery of the 7th REGIMENT (not Battalion!) at the gate. Alternatively, PM me and I will meet you. We are recruiting just now.

What's more if you shape up - you will earn the rank of "Gunner XXX" which is far better than being called "Private XXX". And you get to wear this unit flash on your No1s ...

http://www.bailerweb.com/images/army/artillery/7far150.gif

the old 7 FAR is now called 62 FAR 1 Bty and HQ Bty

How Ya Doin?
8th September 2006, 17:39
Your gonna be overrun with them this year and the only true cultchie in the bunch is going to be gone. Although there is one geezer from west clare there too.

dclimk
12th September 2006, 00:11
we'll hold our own...the limerick heads that is

ackack
12th September 2006, 02:19
3 AD BTY, every wednesday @ 19:30, You will recieve basic infantry training and you will also recieve training in the Bofor EL70/40 anti aircraft gun, along with regimental deployments, We will be at the UN display at the potato market (by the courthouse) on the 23rd and 24th sept, drop by and have a look.

flash bang
13th September 2006, 00:10
H.Q.coy 65 bn now recruiting : McKee Bks tueday nights 19.30hrs-22.00

parkman
15th September 2006, 13:38
I would recommend the units I served with unfortunately but both have been stood down.
Ya know as long as the old unit was still in existance ya still felt part of the DF.Actually the dismise of one's old unit is very traumatic.I think the DF should provide counceling.

Bam Bam
15th September 2006, 18:34
and compensation :)

cruise
16th September 2006, 21:41
sp coy 33 bn
parade tuesdays at 2000hrs
stephens barracks,
kilkenny.

for an excellent standard of training call kilkenny barracks

rod and serpent
17th September 2006, 19:02
Here is a list of theTA units in NI at the present time. See link below.

http://www.army.mod.uk/royalirish/kedleston_update/transfer_to_the_ta.htm (http://www.army.mod.uk/royalirish/kedleston_update/transfer_to_the_ta.htm)

My unit is in there somewhere.

ackack658
18th September 2006, 14:30
Can someone from 2 AD pm me please? I am a gunner from 3AD, and am hoping for an attachment to 2AD. I don't like to ring up unannounced, so if some one who is in the unit could PM me, I can ask them the usual questions. Are the NCO's ok? Any fit birds? Are the pints good in the mess, etc.

armedboarder
21st September 2006, 23:41
Can someone from 2 AD pm me please? I am a gunner from 3AD, and am hoping for an attachment to 2AD. I don't like to ring up unannounced, so if some one who is in the unit could PM me, I can ask them the usual questions. Are the NCO's ok? Any fit birds? Are the pints good in the mess, etc.

Ah yes yes, very professional approach and intel gathering for someone who wants to change units. Some things havent changed in the years since I had contact with the Bofors crews. Take a chance and rise to a new challenge.

garv
22nd September 2006, 19:53
Get infantry trained (most of all of the above) and when you pass out as a 3* go on to do driving and gunnery courses on everything from Nissans to AML90's.

Parades are Thursday at 19.30 in Cathal Brugha barracks in rathmines and even if your living on the northside its quite handy to get to. Why walk when you can ride?

medivac 04
16th October 2006, 20:58
What Day & Time do Med Coy, 62 LSB train?

Thanks

MOB87
16th October 2006, 22:24
tuesdays at 8 in bricins

waterbaby
16th October 2006, 23:22
Sp Coy 67Bn now recruiting;
Monaghan Barracks,
Wedensday Nights 19.45pm(7.45pm)
All welcome:biggrin:

turbocalves
16th October 2006, 23:41
the old 7 FAR is now called 62 FAR 1 Bty and HQ Bty

Correction my Comrade its now HQ BTY and 1 gun bty cheeky swine:biggrin: :biggrin: , and for those interested both these batteries are recruiting

Goldie fish
17th October 2006, 04:08
Don't you mean "recharging"? Batteries? Geddit?

turbocalves
17th October 2006, 14:11
Don't you mean "recharging"? Batteries? Geddit?

Funny:biggrin: :biggrin:

hotdawg
17th October 2006, 19:34
Ah yes yes, very professional approach and intel gathering for someone who wants to change units. Some things havent changed in the years since I had contact with the Bofors crews. Take a chance and rise to a new challenge.

ah give him a break, I've figured out who this is, and he's only just joined, we'll get him there. Since then he's been on deployment, and is all set to start training up in 2AD. and when he's pretty good, we'll steal him back to the 3AD!

Truck Driver
18th October 2006, 06:44
ah give him a break, I've figured out who this is, and he's only just joined, we'll get him there. Since then he's been on deployment, and is all set to start training up in 2AD. and when he's pretty good, we'll steal him back to the 3AD!

Good man - nothing like clearly identifying someone for EVERYONE to find out...

ackack
18th October 2006, 13:18
Actually hotdawg it's not molly, ackack658 has been around for quite a while.prob even longer than you or me.

hotdawg
18th October 2006, 17:34
hmmmm... the thick plottens

MOD: Take it to chat or us PMs

DeV
20th October 2006, 18:43
C COY 62 RESERVE INFANTRY BATTALION

For all those who would like to parade in Co.Wicklow.

We parade at the following locations & times:

The Murrough (Beside the hostel), Wicklow Town, Wednesdays 8-10pm

Arklow Community College, Arklow, Wednesdays 8-10pm

Parochial Hall, Tinahely, Tuesdays 8-10pm

Limited places available

Bring your Birth Certificate & 2 passport photos

Truck Driver
29th October 2006, 18:40
C COY 62 RESERVE INFANTRY BATTALION

For all those who would like to parade in Co.Wicklow.

We parade at the following locations & times:

The Murrough (Beside the hostel), Wicklow Town, Wednesdays 8-10pm

Arklow Community College, Arklow, Wednesdays 8-10pm

Parochial Hall, Tinahely, Tuesdays 8-10pm

Limited places available

Bring your Birth Certificate & 2 passport photos

I note that when you click on the link for C Coy it says these are the only
training centres (as above) in Co Wicklow.

Has Bray been transferred over to Co Dublin???

Hershey
29th October 2006, 19:28
Bray (now HQ Coy) parades on Wednesday nights from 8 until 10. Recruits always welcome.

Truck Driver
30th October 2006, 16:12
I pop onto the 62infantry.com website now and again to have a look.
One thing I noted - the old 20th/21st divide is still alive and well, from the
lanyards I've seen on view in the latest pictures from the Pot NCO passing
out. Any sign on a common lanyard for the battalion?
And can the CQ's get their fingers out and get those new Cpls kitted out in
decent No.1 uniforms?
The two tones on view must be embarrasing for those lads.

One last thing - out of curiosity.... what location is this parade being held in?

http://www.62infantry.com/images/photos/Parade_Oct_2006_6.jpg

Joshua
30th October 2006, 16:52
What location

IAC base.

Truck Driver
30th October 2006, 16:56
IAC base.

Ta for that...

ackack658
6th November 2006, 12:47

I was out of touch for a bit, and now it seems the burning sensation around my ears was not sunburn after all...

I have not been in contact with 2AD yet, but hopefully in the next couple of weeks, so I don't know who you were reffering to. I would be interested to find out who from 3 AD is now in 2AD, though.

If anyone from 2AD wants to PM me, and I can get the low down on the Unit, it would be nice. And anyone from 3AD now in dublin, give me a shout and we'll grab a pint.

Oh, and no, I haven't just joined. Been around for a while....

Slightly OT, I found some pics of 3AD marching at the St Patricks Day parade a few years ago. Where should I post them?

Truck Driver
6th November 2006, 14:05
.....Slightly OT, I found some pics of 3AD marching at the St Patricks Day parade a few years ago. Where should I post them?

Look at the top right hand corner of the screen. You'll see a link
entitled "Gallery".
Click on this, and all the site photos have been lumped in there.
I think you need to register to get an account to post pictures, though.

hotdawg
6th November 2006, 17:34
I was out of touch for a bit, and now it seems the burning sensation around my ears was not sunburn after all...

I have not been in contact with 2AD yet, but hopefully in the next couple of weeks, so I don't know who you were reffering to. I would be interested to find out who from 3 AD is now in 2AD, though.

If anyone from 2AD wants to PM me, and I can get the low down on the Unit, it would be nice. And anyone from 3AD now in dublin, give me a shout and we'll grab a pint.

Oh, and no, I haven't just joined. Been around for a while....

Slightly OT, I found some pics of 3AD marching at the St Patricks Day parade a few years ago. Where should I post them?

Well I was since corrected, so its a new recruit of ours is now in dublin, plans to start training with 2ad soon, PM me and we'll sort something out.

Komsomol
11th November 2006, 18:37
B Company
58th Infantry Battalion
4th Western Brigade

Are always recruiting for active, motivated and eager recruits.

If you live in the Letterkenny area of Donegal, or its surroundings and are interested in the Irish Army Reserve Defence Force, B Company is your closest Unit of enlistment.

To enquire about the Reserves or B Company in general I would advise that you turn up for our weekly parade every Tuesday night at 20:00, Eight o'clock in the evening, at Rockhill house Letterkenny.

Alternativly you could also post here in this thread or send me a private message.

Any questions at all i will do my best to answer.

As examples of the types of activities you will get the oppertunity to encounter, i will talk about what various B Company members have experienced this year alone in the various camps.

(1) Small Infantry Tactics Course, including Section in Attack, Company in Attack.
(2) Assisting the PDF in training for UN missions including: fixed positions defence against company sized attacks, Hostage rescue scenarios, Fighting in Built up areas, Night attacks etc.
(3) Assisting the PDF in a local level in 24 hour guard duties.
(3) Orienteering Course
(4) Annual Range Practice - 5.56 Steyr AUG
(5) .5 Heavy Weapons course
(6) 7.62 General Purpose Machine Gun course
(7) 81mm Mortar course
(8) SINCGAR communications course
(9) Potential Non-Commissioned Officer's course
(10) Commemorating the 1916 Easter Rising in the national represenation parade in Dublin.

Note: The above is brief, if you are interested in particular details, please do not be afraid to ask.

petey
12th November 2006, 03:49
A Company
58th Infantry Battalion
4th Western Brigade

We're fairly closely linked to B coy, train with them etc, only difference really is we recruit from the East Donegal(i.e. Lifford) and Inishowen area. Also train in Rockhill on Tuesdays at 20.00, contact Rockhill House if you're interested. Activities/exercises this year- similar to B coy. Feel free to PM me if you have any questions.

Docman
16th November 2006, 20:12
Hi All,

One of my unit is currently studying in GMIT in Galway. He was hoping to attach to a unit based in Mellows Barracks, Renmore.

Any suggestions?

petey
17th November 2006, 11:13
I've done some stuff with Sp Coy 51Bn, but they only train at weekends. Might be better off training with 54 Engineers, I think they train on Thursdays. I'm pretty sure theres other units there as well.

Truck Driver
17th November 2006, 15:56
Hi All,

One of my unit is currently studying in GMIT in Galway. He was hoping to attach to a unit based in Mellows Barracks, Renmore.

Any suggestions?

Tpt Coy, 54 LSB would have a presence there. If he/she is in GMIT for a couple of years,
then it is possible a AF154 in at least the Nissan, would be picked up in that time...

infcpl
19th July 2007, 13:20
Im looking for contact information for RDF units and sub-units in western brigade. Is there somewhere that this is published? I need address and telephone numbers and parade nights. Alternatively if there are members of units in this area on the forum maybe they would be kind enough to PM this information to me. Thanks

MOD: See here also http://forum.irishmilitaryonline.com/showthread.php?t=7086&highlight=locations

cooley
19th July 2007, 23:41
Anyone got a phone number for the 67th Infantry Battalion in Dundalk? I know some people that want to join.

luchi
29th July 2007, 00:12
no but if you phone the general number for the barracks listed in the phone book they will put you through

Darksaga
11th September 2007, 02:01
I was thinking of joining my local RDF unit, Its in drogheda.
Does anyone know anything about this unit (what ive heard its fairly rubish)
But im thinkinkg of doing a few months in it to kill the bordeum till i re-enlist in the PDF.
Would this be a good idea?

Goldie fish
11th September 2007, 06:07
Well you burned your bridges there..

Joshua
11th September 2007, 08:51
Obviously running part two of your signature at time of posting. :)

hptmurphy
11th September 2007, 09:25
Depending on your reasons for Discharge you may not be allowed to enlist the RDF..or even in the PDF for that matter.

luchi
11th September 2007, 09:38
Now if it really is a rubish unit by joning you will change that because a unit is only as good as the people in it. Seeing someone like you would be a boost for all the lads but don't tell them that you are only

doing a few months in it to kill the bordeum till i re-enlist in the PDF.
That certainly would not be a good idea.

But

Depending on your reasons for Discharge you may not be allowed to enlist the RDF..or even in the PDF for that matter.

DeV
11th September 2007, 10:33

It also means you may not have to go through the security clearance procedure.

hptmurphy
11th September 2007, 13:45
If the date of attestaion exceed a certain time frame from time of discharge ,security clearance is required.

From the expeiriences of one particular person who posts here it took in excess of 10 months to be able to re enlist in the RDF after leaving the PDF.

Depending on reason for discharge it the person may not be eliglbe for re enlist ment..check out page two of the discharge book!

Darksaga
11th September 2007, 22:22
Obviously running part two of your signature at time of posting. :)

oh haha!

Discharge by purchase, family reason's that i felt i could not commit to the DF at present.
Coy. Cmdr assured me of re-enlistment.
Also recommended the RDF until i decide to re-enlist.

hptmurphy
11th September 2007, 23:00
Also recommended the RDF until i decide to re-enlist.

oddly enough I wouldn't agree with that thinking as it would possibly cloud any future thinking on re enlistment.

I found I needed to take some time out before enlisting in the RDF...two years but then again I had passed through the recruit stage and seen some of the bullshit that went with the job.

take a time out six months maybe more..maintain fitness levels etc but don't rush into anything if anything having done some of the recruit training you will find the RDF to be somewhat of a climax and might actually turn you against re enlisting in time to come.

I'm not presuming anything...just take sometime out to look at what you want..no need to rush...just some advice.

neptune king
1st October 2007, 18:41
hey just wondering does any one know of a reserve medical corps in dublin thanks
________
vaporizers (http://vaporizer.org/reviews)

Hello Alaska
1st October 2007, 22:27
Darksaga, the unit up in Drogheda is 67 Bn as far as I know.

Darksaga
2nd October 2007, 04:49
Have ya heard anythin about it, good, bad?
headin down to it on Wednesday, see what the craic is.

luchi
2nd October 2007, 08:29
hey just wondering does any one know of a reserve medical corps in dublin thanks

Cathal Bruagh Bks on tuesday nights. Unless they have moved to Brickins. Anyway there is a coy in one or other or possibly both places.

We done some work with 67th.............seem like a good bunch...................

Liachta Cultaca
2nd October 2007, 10:09
Cathal Bruagh Bks on tuesday nights. Unless they have moved to Bricins. Anyway there is a coy in one or other or possibly both places.

During the reorg the units based in Cathal Brugha and Bricins amalgamated

Medical Company 62 Reserve LSB is now located in Bricins Hospital and parade on a Tuesday night.

Hello Alaska
2nd October 2007, 12:56
Have ya heard anythin about it, good, bad?
headin down to it on Wednesday, see what the craic is.

They did a camp in October with my lot. I heard nothing but good stuff about them.

luchi
2nd October 2007, 13:42
During the reorg the units based in Cathal Brugha and Bricins amalgamated

Medical Company 62 Reserve LSB is now located in Bricins Hospital and parade on a Tuesday night.

Yeah I knew about the amalgamation, just couldn't remember who went were or how they were now organised.

Darksaga
3rd October 2007, 18:30
So to enlist in the reserves, step 1 is to present yourself on recruiting night?

Hello Alaska
3rd October 2007, 19:30
It is indeed.

luchi
3rd October 2007, 20:41
No its not.

Step 1 is to decide what type of RDF unit you want to be in.
Step 2 find out is such a unit is in your area! ( some want to join the reserve ranger wing but they are so secretive they can't be found!!)
Then present yourself to the unit HQ either on a recruiting night or another night so they know you exist.

Darksaga
4th October 2007, 01:11
Well there is only unit in my town, the 67th, went down to them tonight.
have to get some stuff and im sorted.
seems to be a lack of uniforms though...

Hello Alaska
4th October 2007, 01:26
Don't be worrying about it...... You'll get it when ya need it. Which will probably be before your first camp in Easter.

Darksaga
5th October 2007, 05:59
What happened with you joining the PDF?

Hello Alaska
5th October 2007, 13:21
I'm just waiting for a start date........ When we finished the Fitness Test the lad in charge said "Don't be ringing the Manpower Office wondering when you get in, when we have a platoon ready we'll let you know" or something along those lines.

So I'm being a good boy and waiting my turn :tongue:

neptune king
11th November 2007, 19:15
hey im still thinking of joining the reserve medical corps just wondering whats the training like how far will they train you ie up to emt or above any replies will be greatly appricated
________
BMW K75 (http://www.cyclechaos.com/wiki/BMW_K75)

neptune king
14th November 2007, 23:09
hi i am intressted in joining the reserve medical corps and was wondering how far will they train you ie up to emt or above or just first responder :smile:
________
Yamaha DT400 (http://www.cyclechaos.com/wiki/Yamaha_DT400)

trellheim
15th November 2007, 11:01
Liachta should be along soon [ elevator music plays... Imagine the last few minutes of the Blues Brothers ]

luchi
15th November 2007, 11:40
NK: I would have thought that someone would have had an answer for you.

My advice is that there are medical units in Dublin, Cork and Galway. Look up the phone number for the one nearest you and give them a ring.

Liachta Cultaca
15th November 2007, 11:46
Liachta should be along soon [ elevator music plays... Imagine the last few minutes of the Blues Brothers ]

Yeah the Standard is slightly above First responder.

Ambulance Skills course is 2 weeks in length whereas the First Responder course is 5 days in length.

You can send me a private message if you want more info about joining.

LC

concussion
30th April 2010, 16:52
Reserve Recruitment -

3 Air Defence Battery in Sarsfield Barracks, Limerick, is taking applications for a limited recruit platoon. PM me for further information. Training time is 7.30 pm every Wednesday night.

ZULU
30th April 2010, 18:27
Oh reeeeeaaaallly!? Pln eh?

concussion
30th April 2010, 20:16
A man can dream - prob gonna end up with a section in the end, if that.

trellheim
30th April 2010, 22:10
400 were approved for the entire reserve, as far as I can see from the Ministers responses.

SwiftandSure
30th April 2010, 22:19
My Bn have been allowed 20 placements, 10 over 2 Coys I think is the ideal.

dasa29
1st May 2010, 19:50
Well we have 15 recruits training here since feb with another 5-10 training in galway half of the regiment.

ZULU
1st May 2010, 20:19
My Bn have been allowed 20 placements, 10 over 2 Coys I think is the ideal.

Well we have 15 recruits training here since feb with another 5-10 training in galway half of the regiment.

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

luchi
2nd May 2010, 12:27
Well some people on here are in a position to capitalise on this.

IMHO the key to our survival is co-operation.

Tipplegend
2nd May 2010, 21:58
You can also join in Limerick, Clonmel or Kilworth if you are in the Southern Brigade. Good choice picking the medics; better craic, better courses! :-D

Training begins with your recruit camp where 9/10 times you will do your Cardiac First Responder, then you progress on to doing your Occupational First Aid and finally your Ambulance Skills. These courses are ususlly revalidated every year.

As well as all this you will also recieve all the basic infantry training :biggrin:

ghostrider
9th May 2010, 18:02
67th BN all the way.

hptmurphy
9th May 2010, 19:45
Kilworth

what unit is based in Kilworth?

Tipplegend
9th May 2010, 19:53
what unit is based in Kilworth?

31st Medical, we have guys down there. Their technically not based there, they dont have training nights or anything. Our main trianing centres are Cork Limerick and Clonmel

madmark
9th May 2010, 20:34
what unit is based in kilworth?
31 logs bn med coy