D Day Normandy 60th Anniversary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• D Day Normandy 60th Anniversary

This year is the 60th anniversary of D Day. Very few veterans will be on parade for the 70th!

Military Heritage Tours will be there this year. We have 40 places, 20 have been sold. This will be a brilliant tour. You wil have the opportunity to meet a German officer who was on the Merville Battery. You will also see where many Irish soldiers fought and fell.
    Cost will be €750. 6 days all in.
    If you are interested contact dbuckley@anu.ie or visit the web site www.militaryheritagetours.com

Apparently there was a huge furore, I think the beginning of Feb., when the
    French government were announcing plans to restrict access onto the
    Normandy beaches during the 60th anniversary commemorations, due to
    environmental concerns for the beaches, etc.

I believe all the British veterans' bodies were screaming blue murder at the
    news, with not a little justification, as the locals today could well be greeting
    visitors with "Guten Tag!", rather than "Bonjour!"....

Has the French government stance changed since on this one...???
    "Well, stone me! We've had cocaine, bribery and Arsenal scoring two goals at home. But just when you thought there were truly no surprises left in football, Vinnie Jones turns out to be an international player!" (Jimmy Greaves)!"

Comment

What else would one expect from a bunch of cheese eating surrender monkeys...

Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing.

Comment

D DAY TOUR

Access may be restricted, private cars ect. However MHTL is in the process of securing paperwork to get over any problems such as this.

Comment

Working...
        X