Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are you kidding me?

Thanks for the message Goldiefish.

Just new thread on the current P/NCO cse training syllabus in use with the NS.

Does anyone feel that making a new syllabus on NS standards would make good judgement rather that toeing the army line of training and just adding on bit courses at the end?

My reasons been thus:

1: The lack of ERA's in the service has been documented and allthough 12 fully trained ERA's were ready for sea rotation last september, they have been forced to carry out 30 weeks of useless training in the Naval College.

2:The training is geared to make instructors and does a good job of producing them but it no way gears technitians up to give the type of leture they will have to give when the Martiime College opens.
    yes
    45.45%
    no
    9.09%
    keep some parts.
    9.09%
    Promote techs directly.
    36.36%

The NS pots course has always mirrored the Armys pots course ...albeit where the professionals courses have to be carried out,

I believe that there should be condensed army version and the NS version should be given greater emphasis on instructional skills. The Proffesionals end should be as detailed as possible.

The difference between the Army and navy models being that the army prepare to be operational...The navy are constantly operational(whilst at sea) and in this case the scenario is constanly changing and allows no time for scenario assessment.
    Irealise that when the army do go operational their scenario changes but at least they can choose when they become operational.
    Covid 19 is not over ....it's still very real..Hand Hygiene, Social Distancing and Masks.. keep safe

Comment

Mate of mine had a similar problem,before he left the Service. He was in the IT area,and was most qualified in the office. Promotion seemed the logical step but he didnt think it would make any sense being away from the office learning how to instruct foot drill,when he would never put it into use.
      Fail to prepare....prepare to FAIL!

Comment

Working...
      X