Hornblower!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hornblower!!!

I was channel flicking last night and came accross a program on UTV called Hornblower.
    I thought it was good stuff, only down side there was the addition of the evil "paddys" who were conterblanced by the loyal Irishman, a bit of political correctness, I do think!!!
    But over all a rip roaring show and I gather there is another 2 hour installment on tonight on UTV.
    Did anyone else cathch it?? What did you think??
    "Dwight D. Eisenhower: The best morale exists when you never hear the word mentioned. When you hear it it's usually lousy.

a sailor called hornblower! god bless them navy boys :p
    You're even dumber than I tell people

You might have been infected but you never were a bore

Comment

Horatio Hornblower at that god his parents were cruel.

I think I saw it when it was on before Colin Firth or someone's in it. I don't go in for all that frilly shirted cannon blowing stuff though

Friends Come and Go, but Enemies accumulate!!

Comment

I saw it more as all those "loyal" brave Irish men fighting for the French with one traitor siding with Hornblower (or maybe he is a mole too)

Comment

Speaking of TV..there was an interesting old show on TV last week about things nautical. Discovery..Ireland in the 60s,showed the irish Lights Vessel Ierne(not unlike the Old Setanta,which was called Isolda in her CIL days but with Gravity Davits)
          It showed how far things have come in such a short time. These were the days of a Steam powerd 3 ship Navy.
          They visited 3 of the states best Known Lights in the South West,Fastnet,the Bull, and Scellig. The hardship displayed was almost unbelievable. The lights were of a parrafin wick type,the mechanism had to be "wound" every 50 minutes, and resupply was by winch to one rock..that included personell...

Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing.

Comment

Twas on again tonight...I never had the chance to settle in an watch it from the start before. An excellent show for sure...
            Men were men those days..back then any drunken layabout found loitering in a harbour town was likely to wake up and find himself at the wrong end of a Pressgang..but t'would be too good for most of ye..

Comment

Damn, missed it. Is it going to be a regular series?

Comment

part one last friday..another 2 hour episode next friday

Comment

Working...
                X