No announcement yet.

Irish Naval Vessel heads for Warzone..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Irish Naval Vessel heads for Warzone..

Well not really,but I thought this part of the board was being ignored...
    Eithne was in Fenit yesterday tho...that can get pretty nasty sometimes..
    Who Knows,maybe they will be sent to Limerick next..:D

Sorry to dissapoint all tha anti war lobby..

Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing.

LE Roisin will be in the USA for St. Patrick's Day.

Comment

what city in the u.s will LE ROISIN be in

Comment

Heard it on 57 Live on RTE Smith is going to some city in the US which apparently has the second largest Patricks day parade (cannot remember the name! ) and the LE Roisin will be there as well.

Comment

That would be Boston...

Comment

She's not goin to Boston.

Eh, apparantly Roisin's having a quick slap of paint down in Cobh and then heading to Savannah, Georgia.

Comment

Rightio... never heard of that place before. :confused:

Comment

The Air Corps Pipe Band will be in Savannah.

Comment

The last parade I remember seeing the Air Corp Pipers in was the Clondalkin one a couple of years ago, it's a bit of a step up for them

I was with the party marching behind them, I remember the parade stopping at one point so a piper could leg it into a house to relieve himself. So the kilt has a use after all :D
                  "The dolphins were monkeys that didn't like the land, walked back to the water, went back from the sand."

Comment

Will someone please figure out once and for all which way Roisin's going, so I can end up in the right city? And are they talking about the weekend before, or after Paddy's Day?

NTM
                    Driver, tracks, troops.... Drive and adjust!!

Comment

my sources ,tell me the 3 largest u.s. st patricks day parades, east of the missippi
                      are new york / boston / chicago . so leaving out chicago.
                      L.E ROISIN is due to visit one of the other two and
                      there are'nt too many irish /americans in savannah.
                      but then again,maybe they want to experience some
                      good 'ol southern hospitality and weather

Comment

Yes, i can confirm that it is in fact Savannah that the LE Roisin is visiting for Paddy's Day. Probably another Enterprise Ireland/Tourism building venture. Should be a great experience for all crew involved. And the DF standard of St. Patrick's Day parties has to be one of the best available.

Comment

Originally posted by ranger
                          my sources ,tell me the 3 largest u.s. st patricks day parades, east of the missippi
                          are new york / boston / chicago . so leaving out chicago.
                          L.E ROISIN is due to visit one of the other two and
                          there are'nt too many irish /americans in savannah.
                          but then again,maybe they want to experience some
                          good 'ol southern hospitality and weather
                          Don't underestimate Savannah, their parade normally attracts 300,000 people and is the largest in the south east.

Comment

It is possible to get a warship to Chicago. Apparently the US Navy has done it with frigates in the past.

NTM
                            Driver, tracks, troops.... Drive and adjust!!

Comment

Considering the security climate in the US at present,and the fact that Mid March is the most likely date for an attack on Iraq,is it wise for an Irish Warship to be in the US during this time? Is the increased level of security that will be required on this ship a justifiable cost on what is basically a Junket?
                              Showing the Flag in other countries is fine,and a vital task in increasing Irelands international Profile,But Maybe the timing for this visit is inappropriate?

Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing.

Comment

Working...
                              X