New Uniforms for army band.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Uniforms for army band.

The Army band appeared today wearing their new uniforms. At the march past of the Last transport Coy going to Kosovo,they were seen wearing the new uniforms which are very similar to the style worn during the 1930s and 1950s,as shown here.The colours however were different.
    No harm either,the old ones reminded me too much of those worn by fife and drum bands in the North,and was almost un military in appearance. I wonder if they intend to kit out other units in a similar pattern of Dress uniform?

Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing.

Band Uniform

Has anyone got an actual photo of the new uniform?

Comment

The best I can do is give you the 6.1 news,where I saw the uniforms appear. They look very smart,and as close to a traditional military uniform as Ireland has.

6.1 News

I heard a rumour about this last year,and I know they were looking at re-introducing the Dress Cap,as well as the rest of the uniform.

Comment

I personally think that the new uniforms look pritty a whoile lot better compaired to the old ones.
        Military.ie
        Only the dead have seen the end of war - Plato

"Where there is no guidance the people fall, but in abundance of counselors there is victory" Proverbs 11-14
        http://munsterfireandrescue.com

Comment

There's a photo of the uniforms in todays Irish Times
          Beart do reir ar mbriathar

Comment

I understand that they are playing at this years Edinburg Military Tattoo, anybody have any info on this ?
            I personnaly this is long overdue.

Comment

From Military.ie

New Band Uniforms - Forty five musicians of the Army No.1 Band will display their new ceremonial uniforms for the first time at the review. Also on display will be the band's new concert uniforms and a number of fanfare trumpeters displaying their new ceremonial uniforms and banners.

Still can't find any Photos online.

Comment

I've seen the photo in the Irish Times - they look good. Anybody else think the look "French" - complete with a French-style kepi?

Comment

Must be that old "Ireland-France connection", you know the way that we both have "R's" in our names.
                  (we sometimes get their mail also)

But seriously, new No: 1's can only spruce up their image cos they are also a commercial venture, cos you can hire them for performances!
                  They don't just play the bagpipes while we charge at the Germans, or march at St'Paddies day!!

Comment

from military.ie

You're even dumber than I tell people

You might have been infected but you never were a bore

Comment

Very nice indeed

Comment

call me crazy, but i always thought it would be rather a good idea if the irish DF wore uniforms that actually looked IRISH in some way. Nobody outside the DF would ever recognise those uniforms as belonging to the irish army. They look more like the old foreign legion gear.

Comment

I think there is an Irish theme with the uniforms

The colour if the uniform is St Patrick's Blue. It's the same shade of blue as on the Presidential Standard.

I could be mistaken on this but I think it's our National colour (not green)
                          Beart do reir ar mbriathar

Comment

As far as I know your right Klick.

What would an Irish uniform consist of? Pipers already have the kilts. There's no national dress to speak of, I suppose you could use headgear, like caubeens, glengarrys etc.
                            "The dolphins were monkeys that didn't like the land, walked back to the water, went back from the sand."

Comment

Yup, blue is actually the national colour historicaly. Green only came into popularity in the 17/1800's.

However the oldest recorded flag was one of I think Brian Boru or someone like that,.... (not to sure who)... but it was a plain crimson flag, nothing else on it.

But I really like those uniforms,... very smart.
                              Green would not look right if you ask me, and the lack of a national dress (apart from a leprechaun outfit) leaves little other choice.

Any chance of the rest of the army getting such snazzy no: 1's???

(well we will probably loose ours... anyway)

Comment

Working...
                              X