CPO "Doggie" Keany R.I.P

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CPO "Doggie" Keany R.I.P

To those who may have served with him, The Death occurred yesterday of the above who was the first Bosun on L.E. Eithne.

I have no further details to hand as yet. Anyone who does please feel free to post same.
    Last edited by FMolloy; 17 May 2007, 00:46.

Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing.

Doggie was one of those rare cox'ns - he made a difficult job look easy. A great man for a singsong and to play the guitar. Most of all, a fine seaman.

RIP

Comment

Doggie was one of the true gents in the NS. Served with him on Aisling back in the 80's. A really great guy, and will be sadly missed

Keaney (Cobh): On April 18 2004, peacefully, at his home, 17 Bishops Street, in the presence of his loving family, DOMINIC, (DOGGIE), Chief Petty Officer, Naval Service. Deeply regretted by his loving partner Fionnghuala, sons David and John, brothers, sister, brother-in- law, sisters-in-law, uncles, aunts, nephews, nieces, relatives, colleagues in the Naval service and a large circle of friends. May he rest in peace. Rosary on this (Monday) evening at 7pm at Cobh Hospital Mortuary. Removal on tomorrow (Tuesday) at 7pm to St. Colman's Cathedral. Funeral on Wednesday after 12 noon Requiem Mass to St. Colmans Cemetery.
      Ar dheis D go raibh a anam dilis.

Comment

The naval service is a poorer place for the loss of his expierience.

He will be sadly missed!
        Last edited by FMolloy; 17 May 2007, 00:46.
        Covid 19 is not over ....it's still very real..Hand Hygiene, Social Distancing and Masks.. keep safe

Comment

Doggie was a very young man, does anybody know what he died of ????

Comment

throat cancer
            Last edited by FMolloy; 17 May 2007, 00:47.
            Covid 19 is not over ....it's still very real..Hand Hygiene, Social Distancing and Masks.. keep safe

Comment

Server with Doggie on the Deirdre and Eithne. So sad for a young man like Doggie to die, I have many good memories of him and I hope that he is well remembered.

Alan

Comment

The penultimate tradgedy in Doggies case is that his niece was murdered in Cobh in the last year or so. I know his brother and the man has never recovered.

Comment

Am new to site
                  Heard about Doggies death last year but only now getting to offer condolances
                  Served with Doggie on Eithne remember some great times
                  May he rest in peace
                  What do you mean abandon ship
                  Are they taking requests?

Comment

Working...
                  X