Potential NCO Course

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Potential NCO Course

its time to start thinking of annual camp again and i was told to go for the NCO's course. any tips on whats involved and what kind of kit I should bring?

A requirement for a potential NCO is the ability to find things................

To find things or topics which may have been discussed here before, use the search function. EG In this case, select SEARCH and enter PNCO.

Welcome to the board btw.

Regards etc

Comment

you will be,or should be,given a list of everything you'll need before the course starts,including what will be provided for you and what you'll have to buy/beg/borrow/acquire yourself.
      it will read somethin like this:

-spare boots
      -spare shirt,combat trousers,t-shirts
      -85 pattern helmet w/cover
      -full set 58 pattern webbing
      -no. 1 uniform (maybe)
      -hexamine stove w/ fuel
      -full set of raingear
      -ear defenders
      -water bottle
      -mess tins (might have to get those yourself)
      -whistle
      -map case
      -compass + roamer
      -chinograph pencils (for writing on laminated paper,you'll have to get those yourself too)
      -camo cream

thats just from memory so i could be leaving things out,but i think thats most of the stuff that will be on the list.

aside from all that you'll (obviously) need all the notes you have.. plus everything you can get from the internet or elsewhere on the steyr and bren. you might or might not be given manuals.

also,notebooks,pens,pencils,markers,and a folder.

you might not be getting fed in the evenings after around 4pm and you'll be up to your neck every evening in study + assignments,so bring food,and lots of it,because there wont be much time for strolling into town.

and something for the blisters.

hope that helps.

Comment

Thanks FCA Trooper. Thats exactly what I was expecting.

Comment

no bother,young f'la

Comment

lesson plans

recently did my ncos course.learned feck all about lesson plans.can anyone send me on some?maybe someone in the east.i hear ye get well looked after
            for more on christy moore. www.liambyrne.com great performance. City 10-0 UTD

'I have heard him of the Ireland he wished to see. When he struck the spark on the anvil, he struck the anvil in my heart. When I leave school, the only pursuit I want to engage in is the winning of the freedom of my country'.

Comment

Ask someone in your unit this is not the place for the exchange of that kind of information.
              "It is a general popular error to imagine that loudest complainers for the public to be the most anxious for it's welfare" Edmund Burke

Comment

is there a period of time you have to have served before you go for an NCO course???

Comment

Re: pot NCO's course

Originally posted by gaillimh85
                  its time to start thinking of annual camp again and i was told to go for the NCO's course. any tips on whats involved and what kind of kit I should bring?

Answers your query in detail.

Regards etc

Comment

2 years allegedly! I know a couple of people from the Curragh who had not even done their Leaving Cert, and they were on it! The less said the better!
                    Cry "havoc!", and let slip the dogs of war!

Comment

pnco

doesnt matter what age u are if ur good enough.your younger than some privates.what do they think about u?anyway something i didnt get until the day i left which u realy need. screed screed screed!!!!!!!
                      for more on christy moore. www.liambyrne.com great performance. City 10-0 UTD

'I have heard him of the Ireland he wished to see. When he struck the spark on the anvil, he struck the anvil in my heart. When I leave school, the only pursuit I want to engage in is the winning of the freedom of my country'.

Comment

I meant that they were 18!
                        Cry "havoc!", and let slip the dogs of war!

Comment

If and when you are selected you will receive joining instructions for the course. This will contain all the information you need. As soon as you read this can you delete the thread.:D
                          sigpic
                          Say NO to violence against Women

Originally posted by hedgehog
                          My favourite moment was when the
                          Originally posted by hedgehog
                          red headed old dear got a smack on her ginger head

Comment

Does any Units use Interview Process's to chose who gets the NCO's course?we were ment to but didnt.

Does seniority mean you automaticially get the course?thats what my unit has used-something i disagree with as just cause your in it longer doesnt mean you'll make a good NCO!!
                            Assurance is credable and to be credable you'v got to show you can do it!!

Comment

Since when are you not allowed to do interviews. Our unit still does it. Its a good way of getting an idea of what people what to do after the course, why they want the course, if they have the necessary skills etc.
                              After all if you cant even put your point accross to the interview board, how are you going to be able to teach a class of recruits?

Maybe this thread should be merged with the other POTS COURSE thread. Some of the things being mentioned here have already been discussed in the other thread.

If your not in bed by 4 o' clock it's time to go home!

Comment

Working...
                              X