Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Magazine

Hi Guys,
    I have been a regular reader on this board but have not posted in recent times-not since IMO's previous sites in fact!
    For the past few months I have been working on an Irish Aviation Magazine due to go on sale in the shops very soon.
    There is a very revealing interview with the GOC of the Irish Air Corps in Issue 1.
    Hope Im not stepping on toes by plugging this-just giving a heads up.
    Here is the web address:
    http://www.wingsireland.com

Thanks again,

Taj

If you ask me it sounds like a great idea. Where will it be on sale?
    There is no problem that cannot be fixed with high explosive.

Comment

Hi Stinger,
      Thanks for the support!
      It will be on sale in all major book shops nationwide-Easons etc.
      If you have trouble getting it through a bookshop you can contact me through the website where 6 and 12 month subscriptions are available.

Comment

Best of luck with the magazine, look forward to reading it!

Comment

Will it be available in the North?

Comment

Wings,

Is there an address I can send for one since I'm in the US?
            "Everyone's for a free Tibet, but no one's for freeing Tibet." -Mark Steyn. What an IMO-centric quote, eh?

Comment

Hi faughanballagh,

There's a email address on the Wings Ireland website you can contact for subscription details.

Regards,

Frank.
              IrishAirPics.com - Your source for thousands of Irish Aviation Photographs
              http://www.irishairpics.com

Comment

If anyone's interested..

Hello folks,

If anyone's interested there is a subscriptions special offer starting today:

http://www.wingsireland.com/subscriptions.html

Thanks

Taj

Comment

Update

Just to let you know guys, the magazine is finally hitting the shelves on Thursday

Thanks

Tadhg

Comment

Best of luck with the new venture,hope it all goes well.

Comment

Went to my local Easons today, expecting 'Wings Ireland' to be there in all its glory, but it wasn't. So your not selling it in the North then?

Comment

Eason's Blanchardstown got 10 copies, so I was told, and sold them all the same day, leaving none for me :( :confused:
                        "We will hold out until our last bullet is spent. Could do with some whiskey"
                        Radio transmission, siege of Jadotville DR Congo. September 1961.
                        Illegitimi non carborundum

Comment

Yeah it sold VERY Fast including in Easons O Connell Street, Ill order a copy via the website as soon as my CC gets empty again

Comment

I've got it and read it...looks like a shiny version of Irish Aviator from the eary eighties which ran for 10 issues.....the mag is very basic but informative

Its a very welcome insight to the Irish aviation scene but will it have a popular audience. Its very orientated towards the informed ...maybe it needs some historical imput to make it acceptable to all. I would like to think it wiil continue...but it seems to be lacking in something!
                            Covid 19 is not over ....it's still very real..Hand Hygiene, Social Distancing and Masks.. keep safe

Comment

How many pages are in each issue?
                              Can we subscribe by mastercard or is it cheques only?

Comment

Working...
                              X