Fitness traing for up-coming events

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fitness traing for up-coming events

Over the winter months many of us fall in to the unfit mode.
    Does any body have as uitable light regime to bring us back up to an acceptable fitness level for upcoming events
    Thanks
    Covid 19 is not over ....it's still very real..Hand Hygiene, Social Distancing and Masks.. keep safe

6 hours a week in the gym mate.
    It'll keep you grade 2 at the very least.
    "It is a general popular error to imagine that loudest complainers for the public to be the most anxious for it's welfare" Edmund Burke

Comment

It's a dilemma alright! Way too cold to go jogging these days.
      Swimming is pretty good for all round fitness.

Comment

While swimming may improve your core fitness it won't be particualarly helpful to your soldiering on it's own...and shame on you it's never too cold to go jogging.
        What you need is a regualr routine of cardio vascular, stretching and light weights...hill walking and climbing are both excellent means of reparing for your military tasks.
        "It is a general popular error to imagine that loudest complainers for the public to be the most anxious for it's welfare" Edmund Burke

Comment

Oh and if you do go to a gym make sure you fork out for a fitness assesment and get the appropriate program laid out for you..theres nothing worse than someone who doesn't have a clue wasting their time and yours using machines improperly

Comment

Hillwalking isn't a bad idea I suppose. Reason I'm against jogging is that I went for a run on the Prom in Salt Hill last week and nearly ended up in casualty with Hypothermia, it's desperate weather at the moment. Normally its the perfect place to run but you'd want to be insane to attempt it now.

Comment

Already do swimming but the sea gets a bit rough so its a bit erratic.
              Thanks for the info guys !
              Covid 19 is not over ....it's still very real..Hand Hygiene, Social Distancing and Masks.. keep safe

Comment

I'd recommend Hillwalking as well as keeping your fitness level up, its good practice for your navigation skills.

Comment

If you want to get fit, you have to incorporate a 5 different facets of fitness.

Diet
                  Strenght
                  Aerobic fitness
                  ?

Can't remember what the others are but the basic idea is that you do a bit of everything to get overall fitness. Its' like saying there is no good being physically very aerobically fit if you have to haul a mortar over a hill. you need strenght as well.
                  The best thing to do is to go to a gym, get a fitness assessment from a "qualified" instructor, discuss your requirements and then see what he says. Make sure he is qualified by NCEF or other reputable association.

Biggie.... give up smoking and heavy drinking!!!!!

Comment

Christ Doc.. and I thought you were a certified fitness instructor and all..

NTM
                    Driver, tracks, troops.... Drive and adjust!!

Comment

Sure, I can give the assessment... but it is a bit difficult to do over the internet:D

The body is willing but the brain is a bit fuzzy

Comment

I meant about the five basic factors..

NTM
                        Driver, tracks, troops.... Drive and adjust!!

Comment

Working...
                        X