Training Technology

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Training Technology

According to Connect, all the current training syallabii, circulars & instructions are now available to all units on CD-ROM as well as on the DF intranet (DFNET).

About time the DF realised that this kind of technology is available, maybe in 20 years time they may put manuals on disk.

But is this available to the RDF?

I assume if it says all units?
    If your not in bed by 4 o' clock it's time to go home!

Comment

Thats no guarantee at all!

Comment

Where????

Are they easly available? Are they the new manuals or the old ones?

Comment

Joker

I thought every one on the course that your on now got issued a cd?

J

Comment

No. you are thinking of the floppy disk, that is issued to each student. The disk is the joining instructions + a few extra things. No manuals included.

Comment

You can get loads of US military manuals online: http://www.globalsecurity.org/milita...olicy/army/fm/

Some of them won't be much use to Irish DF personnel (ie: "Theater Missile Defense Intelligence Preparation of the Battlespace"! ) but others might be worth looking at. However, they are no substitute for official manuals and they are based on US Army doctrine.

Comment

Sourcing of manuals has been discussed before HERE.

These on line manuals are great sources of additional information. However a word of caution, safety procedures and techniques differ with our own.
                I reitterate the point made in YJ's last post in that link:

"Different countries use different procedures for weapons that can be identical. Never use any non-official source for training purposes."

Regards etc

Comment

According to Connect, all the current training syallabii, circulars & instructions are now available to all units on CD-ROM as well as on the DF intranet (DFNET).
                  Connect says that the CD has been made available to all corp in the DF, it does not mention units or sub-units.
                  "The dolphins were monkeys that didn't like the land, walked back to the water, went back from the sand."

Comment

All FCA personnel should be issued all manuals relevent to their training on completion of three star training.Some people will argue defence force sops etc will fall into the wrong hands, but these people already have them I am sure, or could get us versions, and of course some t*t will put them on the net within a few hours.
                    Most people have access to pcs and cds would only cost a few cent and could contain all manuals as apposed to printing.
                    this should be a matter for rdfra ,
                    any comments?:-patriot:
                    "take a look to the sky right before you die, its the last time you will"

Comment

CLICK ME

Regards etc

Comment

Very funny !!!
                        Its only restricted for civillians, not military personel. In theory you can get these manuals, when they are available, from the relevent sources. I am not talking about giving them to Osamas boys or every gun touting psycho, just the people who need them for training , to make the reserve more efficient.
                        "take a look to the sky right before you die, its the last time you will"

Comment

Originally posted by greyfox
                          and of course some t*t will put them on the net within a few hours.
                          Round and round in circles.

Regards etc

Comment

Working...
                          X