FCA Call up?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FCA Call up?

With the almost certain call up of TA soldiers in the UK I was just wondering has there ever been a time when the FCA has been ever called up since the Emergency.

I know it would have to be a MAJOR disaster for the DoD to call up reserves and will most likely never happen but what would the real life problems be with calling up a Bn of FCA, i.e. transport, compensation for loss of earnings etc. Any comments?
    Yes
    51.85%
    No
    48.15%

The poll is expired.

As far as I know we have never been called since the emergency, if we have let me know. the only reason we could be called up again is if the Bush decides he wants Shannon.
    As for calling up a Bn,
    Transport, in a perfect world you should have it already.
    Compensation for loss of earnings, not a chance. when we signed on the dotted line and swore on the bible we knew we can be called. We are not the ASTI

Comment

the nearest I can remember is been sent to the border in 1969 when the troubles broke out, but I do not think you could term it as been called up as we were in camp at the time, but I do remember guys asking to go home at the time so they could make A will, that is how seriously guys took it
      it will be long, it will be hard, and there will be no withdrawl
      Winston churchill

Comment

The emergency?

Hi ive only been in the DF for about 8 or 9 months so this may be a stupid quetion but what is this "emergency" I keep hearing about?
        If it is for what ever reson to sensitive to post please e-mail the awnswer to me.
        Thanks.

Comment

"The Emergency" AKA World War II

Ireland never declared war with anyone, but a state of emergency was declared, hence the name.

Comment

Thanks

Thanks
            So what happened did the reservists just take over the barracks while the pdf traind on possible invasion preventions?

Comment

Hi Shnig, I'm not being smart arsed by refering you to a link, but it would answer alot of your questions for you.

http://www.military.ie/introduction/history.htm

Comment

I feel old

Comment

Well, I am talking about 1969, but I still feel young at heart, God these were the days bycycle chains, bulls wool ec ,ect ect:p
                  Winston churchill

Comment

FCA call up

Yes, but only in the direst possible emrgency, when we'd be used to attack T-90s with "home guard" tactics....right get a lenght of steel girder, a blanket, some petrol and a box of matches....:(
                    "It is a general popular error to imagine that loudest complainers for the public to be the most anxious for it's welfare" Edmund Burke

Comment

I agree, We never declared war on anybody (offically anyway), except one 1 occasion when some urban council in cork warned russia that we were watching them.
                      Winston churchill

Comment

The only call up was the "Emergency/WW2". People on Active service in the 60's and 70's was on a voluntary basis.

Comment

Hmmmm...Just found this.

What do ye think....Apart from war, could/should the FCA be called up for anything?

Comment

Breakfast?

Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing.

Comment

Originally posted by beenthere
                              I agree, We never declared war on anybody (offically anyway), except one 1 occasion when some urban council in cork warned russia that we were watching them.
                              It wasn't a council, it was a newspaper, "The Skibbereen Eagle" which warned the Tsar in 1897 that it was "keeping its eye on him".
                              "Hello, Good Evening and Bollocks..."

Roger Mellie

Comment

Working...
                              X