X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Travel expenses

Follow member lend me your ears.

My unit is running a course soon
    we are not staying in barracks for the week. I will be driving 50 miles each day, Can we claim petrol money???????. NCO's
    hurry up and wait, are you back yet

Short answer....no

Comment

As far as I know, because you are not staying in barracks you should not have rations deducted from your pay. As for claiming you're out of luck, you will be told as always "that's what you're gratuity is for". Of course you could try organising alternative transport with your cadre staff.

Comment

Rations should not be deducted anyway when attending a course or annual training (yet another achievement by RDFRA). If rations are not provided you can claim on a 360.

Comment

Not being a member of RDFRA I was not aware of this. I stand corrected, thanks for the info Bravo20

Comment

PDFORRA got the removal of ration charges for single people who are on courses removed on the back of that achievement.

Comment

there is only one reserve person per sub-unit (company) allowed to claim travailling expenses, this is normally the C/O.

Comment

Correction two, The O/C and 2ic

Comment

Only covers the two people I pointed out above
                  "shall be paid in respect of the use of privately owned motor cars in the performance of duties of An Forsa by members who hold appointments on the staffs of Units or Sub-Units provided that the vehicles are taxed and insured for use on official business, are driven by members not specifically debarred from driving and are duly authorised by the General Officer Commanding the Command for use in the performance of duties of An Fórsa."

Comment

Working...
                  X