Military skills world cup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Military skills world cup

the PDF compeat in international military skills compatitions, such as falling plates, dress and drill, orentering, ect.

is there any such events for the Reservist of the world. has thare ever been any suggestions for such a thing.

does anyone have any suggestion or facts about this ???

I never heard of that competition. I know they take part in CISM (which is like the Olympics for military) and they used to have an international falling plates competition as part of the all army. Also the UNIFIL units used to have inter unit competitions but I never heard of the one you have mentioned.

Comment

Why try to run before we can walk? Lets not look at an international competition but instead lets talk about an all army competition such as:
      • March and Shoot
      • Dress and Drill
      • General Knowledge
      • Fieldcraft & Section in Attack
      • Map Reading
      • Weapons

Lets try to look at a competition that all units can compete in and represent their Brigade in an all Army competition. I would imagine that each team would have an A and B team just so we could have good numbers in the competition.

Comment

theres no such thing a "military skills world cup", its an idea, a suggestion, it dosnt exist. so that why you'v never heard of it.

Comment

Your post seems to indicate that it existed. However, yes I would think it is a good idea. But I would prefer to see reservists involved in CISM for a start.

Comment

My unit runs a "section competition" each year which incorperates all of the activities Stand Fast has mentioned. It has been run for many years and there was a good participation the last time it was run.

Comment

Loque, why not develop this further and expand it to include other units. Although inter-unit competition is good for the unit, external competition would be far better for the standards of all units involved.

Let’s not have grand ideas for a multinational competition that we know will never happen, lets look at competitions on a small scale which we could actually organise.

Comment

In the Southern Bde there is a competion called the PP Barry Cup which covers most of the things mentioned by Stand Fast. I must admit ive only seen Inf Bn competing in it. But its a start.
                Sigs - No amps, no volts = no interest

Comment

I could suggest it to my unit. If this was organised for DTFC we could have each unit run a competition at sub-unit level, the winning team from this could represent their respective unit. The final could then be between the three RDF units of DTFC 6FAR,10BN and 9BN. The only problem I foresee is trying to accomidate the amount of personel involved. You would have to limit the final to teams and support staff only but this would leave each team with no people for moral support. Anyway it may be worth looking into

Comment

With only 3 RDF units and plenty of accomodation in the Curragh there shouldn't be a problem. The Eastern Bde used to run a military skills competion every year with a lot more units involved.

Comment

If I know my unit the venue would almost certainly be the glenn of imall, with only half the accomodation refurbished there still might not be enough room, still we could set up tents.
                      I heard about the Eastern brigade competition wasn't it the "volkwagen cup" or something like that. Maybe I have my wires crossed about the name but I remember a old friend of mine in the Cav in CB telling me about, come to think about it another old friend of mine in the Engineers mentioned it to me aswell.....

Comment

yes The volkwagen , I understood it was posponed due to FOOT & MOUTH not
                        cancelled. It was to be held quite early in the year.

Comment

A Friend of mine in the Belgian reserves once invited me to send a team into a military skills comp in Belgium which was open to all Reserve Armies and well attended by NATO & EU armies. Never got to see it but The idea was tempting for a time. There is also the commando run in Scotland which is open but mostly attended by Brit units. Has been the occasional Danish & other unit there.

The Problem with an RDF military skills comp is that interunit rivalry would lead to serious amounts of "questionable acts"as seen in Last years PP Barry competition and Southern Brig shooting. The other problem that occurs is soldiers being taken out of the system and trained for competition only. Great at military skills competitions but shag all else good at anything else.

Comment

Explain: interunit rivalry would lead to serious amounts of "questionable acts"as seen in Last years PP Barry competition and Southern Brig shooting.

I'm very interested

Comment

Check out old threads in the old discussion board last october. Basically I am not going to ressurect old wounds and don't particuliarly want a fight at the moment.

Comment

Working...
                              X