Query

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Query

just wondering about joining the df as a recruit. well i know all about cadetships and that stuff but i was wondering when joining up is the fitness exam the same? whats the terms and conditions? is it worth it?
    Glaine áir gcroí
    Neart ár ngeag agus
    beart de réir ár mbriathar

-"If people behaved in the way nations do, They would all be put in straight jackets" - Tennessee Williams

did you not get the Cadets Hawk ?

Comment

entry standards are the same-ish fitness test is the same. well recruit training is around 16 weeks followed by 8 weeks for 2-3* training. i know a fella who ghot into the cadets by joining as a recruit first. i see now that a lot of the recruits particualrily ex rdf think they are god so if ya do join up dont loose your sense of reality, although my brither did get a roasting when he ws training for talking to rdf'ers whose unit he used to be in. in other words dont forget your roots!

Comment

ah sure i dont think id be ever able to forget the ol' roots no can you believe it the application form never even got to my door i was absolutely furious!! maybe it was just a sign that it wasnt my turn this year ah sure dont i have plenty of time
        thanx for the help just me and a few mates were considering all our options for the "future"!!
        Glaine áir gcroí
        Neart ár ngeag agus
        beart de réir ár mbriathar

-"If people behaved in the way nations do, They would all be put in straight jackets" - Tennessee Williams

Comment

PDF?

I know this is a fairly old thread, but hey i'm newish to the forum!

If you have a chance of the cadetships then go for it. At the end of the day the military is just another job, and you have to view it that way if it's going to be a career for you. Therefore pick the option that will suit you best.

Keep in mind (and no disrespect intended here), the RDF is not like the PDF. There is a huge difference between 4-5 hours a week and 40-60 hours a week. If you think i'm exaggerating working hours ask some of the infantry guys how many duties they do in a month and then average it out.

Also, and I know this sounds bad, think of it from a financial aspect. One of the reasons the PDF have been losing so many people over the last few years is pay. It dosen't compete at the moment

Comment

Working...
          X