Alouette 3 ???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alouette 3 ???

I never Contribute to the AirCorps section so I thought I'd Add this for Silver, Earhart and Co. OK this was taken by my Dad when the AC Was called in to Airlift supplies to the Snowbound Village of Oldtown. Co Dublin.

But Can you Guess the Year....

Attached Files
    Friends Come and Go, but Enemies accumulate!!

Duh, 1982
    "We will hold out until our last bullet is spent. Could do with some whiskey"
    Radio transmission, siege of Jadotville DR Congo. September 1961.
    Illegitimi non carborundum

Comment

Quite Right Turk.

But how did you know???

Comment

AAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAA.. .ahem stung
        "It is a general popular error to imagine that loudest complainers for the public to be the most anxious for it's welfare" Edmund Burke

Comment

Well We had a Big Snow in 2001 aswell I remember Trying to Get the Misses to Hospital (she was 9 months Pregnant at the Time after all.) and not being able to move in the Snow.

It was 1982 and it took the Air Corps 5 days to get to us to bring us milk and Bread Etc and to drop a Doctor in. Funny as Oldtown is almost exactly Half Way between Gromanston and Dublin Airport.

Comment

ah youse know nothing about being stranded down there, i know a guy who lives on an island off the north west and when the weather gets rough which it usually does he couold be stranded there for a fortnight no boats going or choppers coming in with food etc...

Comment

Working...
            X