Moving to Dublin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moving to Dublin

Jobs arent too plentiful where I am at the moment, so when I finish my degree in June it looks like Im moving to Dublin for the foreseeable future. Im an infantry corporal for the last 2 years with a decent amount of time done on the ground as well as a good knack for teaching and instruction. (I dont like roaring, its a sure sign Ive lost control and more importantly, respect). Id like to try maybe a cavalry unit or something a bit different where I can share my skills and learn some more.

Here starts the auction What unit should I go on attachment to?

dont know about the cav but the 7inf bn are in mc kee i think, check out the military.ie site for contact numbers of various units in dublin they are all there

Comment

11cav are in Cathal Brugha in Rathmines, so are 20bn, 11cis, 11medics, 2ad & 6mp.

Everyone else is in McKee: 7far, 7bn, 11coe, 11s&t etc.
      "The dolphins were monkeys that didn't like the land, walked back to the water, went back from the sand."

Comment

Not Many Jobs in Dublin Either...

7bn A&C Coys are In Mckee as are 7FAR, 11 S&T, 11COE and 2MPC, 2 Fd Med Coy are In Bricins Hospital (Beside Mckee) B Coy 7bn are In Swords.

Friends Come and Go, but Enemies accumulate!!

Comment

Thanks for the info! Working with the Cav really appeals to me. Ive done the walking over the hills for a while now, so Id like to see what the story is with the big stuff! Would the Cav in Cathal Brugha have space for a blow-in infantry corporal?? If so, any ideas what kind of stuff I could do as training goes?

Comment

Try Complacht na bhFiann E 20Bn for a change and learn to instruct thru Irish. It would be a change for us too as we never had a Muldoon before.

Comment

Im a bloke! My views must sound girly lol

As for instructing through Irish, its an idea but not hugely appealing. The Cav is a unit Ive always been interested in. (Family Background).

Stupid question here.. Whats a Muldoon!? Why am I one?

Any ideas what way training would go for an infantry Cpl in the Cav? Where would I start!?

Comment

A muldoon is anyone from outside Dublin. The strange thing is if I'm not mistaken the poster lives in Muldoon land

Comment

Oh so a muldoon is muck-savage, cuchie, mulchie, redneck, banjo-strummer, beetneck, hick, country-bumpkin etc, anyone from outside the pale. Ok then I'll have to add muldoon to the list.

Comment

RE: Delta's Transfer To E Bde

Can thoroughly recommend 11 Cav Sqn, if u are interested in it - highly professional unit, plenty of courses - driving, gunnery, etc., at least there was when I was over there...
                    "Well, stone me! We've had cocaine, bribery and Arsenal scoring two goals at home. But just when you thought there were truly no surprises left in football, Vinnie Jones turns out to be an international player!" (Jimmy Greaves)!"

Comment

oops sorry about that, i could have swore i read you were female!! :confused: :p must be seeing things
                      Glaine áir gcroí
                      Neart ár ngeag agus
                      beart de réir ár mbriathar

-"If people behaved in the way nations do, They would all be put in straight jackets" - Tennessee Williams

Comment

Originally posted by Bravo20
                        A muldoon is anyone from outside Dublin. The strange thing is if I'm not mistaken the poster lives in Muldoon land
                        Better being a muldoon than a west brit..:-patriot:

Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing.

Comment

Sounds good. Ive always wanted a go at an army driving course but never had the time off for an extra camp. Would I get to learn about the Mowag? What other vehices are used for training?

Comment

Aagh Delta we're loosing enough people as it is. Anyway you're infantry why do you need to drive anywhere? God gave you legs for a reason!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                            Wherever you go, there you are.

Comment

theres a course in the aml 90
                              Glaine áir gcroí
                              Neart ár ngeag agus
                              beart de réir ár mbriathar

-"If people behaved in the way nations do, They would all be put in straight jackets" - Tennessee Williams

Comment

Working...
                              X