Marching

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marching

We all know that the PDF 3* does not swing their arms more than waist height when marching, but a recruit swings shoulder height. Also the fall out by turning to the right. I was wondering, do any of the RDF units use the same guidelines.

Before you start I know the falling out to the right has been discussed here before.
    If your not in bed by 4 o' clock it's time to go home!

7BN B Coy use those guidelines
    It is only by contemplation of the incompetent that we can appreciate the difficulties and accomplishments of the competent.

Comment

are the enforced tightly

Comment

Falling out always turn to the right. Everyone in my unit does it.

Recruits swing arms sholder height. Every recruit is supposed to have this drilled into them in every unit.

3* pte swing arms waist height. Just a little perk for us trained soldiers, and something for recruits to aspire to. I know we're supposed to do it, and I do.
        It is only by contemplation of the incompetent that we can appreciate the difficulties and accomplishments of the competent.

Comment

so its not enforced properly

Comment

Iv never heard of trained men swinging their arms only waist high. It doesn't kill anyone to keep up a bit of a standard and swing arms shoulder high. It's Madness!!

Comment

It was my understanding that trained soldiers only swing their arms shoulder height for ceremonial occasions. Otherwise it was waist height. Waist height still looks good when done properly.

Comment

only recruits or personal on certain courses are required to swint there arms at shoulder height!

trained men only have to swing them at waist height!
                Over the centuries, mankind has tried many ways of combating the forces of evil...prayer, fasting, good works and so on. Up until Doom, no one seemed to have thought about the double-barrel shotgun. Eat leaden death, demon...

http://www.iamawesome.com/

Comment

Where in the manual does it say that or is that just something you saw the PDF do?

Comment

Iv never heard of trained men swinging their arms only waist high. It doesn't kill anyone to keep up a bit of a standard and swing arms shoulder high. It's Madness!!
                    We're not the Brits. In the Irish DF the arms are swung to waist height. In any training I have ever had the NCO was always shouting "swing your arms up to the waist-belt height of the man in front of you".

Like a lot of things in the RDF (ie: falling out) this seems to differ between units, but it shouldn't.

Comment

Isn't there a manual for drill and ceremony? Why isn't everyone on the same page?

Later.
                      No-one, I think, is in my tree...

Comment

The manual does distinguish between recruits swinging their arms shoulder high and trained personel swinging their arms waist high.

Comment

although the manual of footdrill does say that movements should be exaggerated for recruits, paragraph 11 i think
                          cheers

Comment

The manual only says swing the arms, not how far

Comment

Here we bleedin' go again,
                              the manual says that the soldiers arms should be swung to waist-belt height while marching, recruits should be taught to exagerate the movement. Turning to the right when falling out is not something old that has been phased out, it is incorrect drill that should never have been phased in. The manual (LL1&2, BTW) says that the soldier pauses, then marches away.

Comment

Working...
                              X