Nationwide programme

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nationwide programme

I was watching the Nationwide program the other nigth. The PDF offr was going on about the changes to be made in the RDF.

One of the things he mentioned was fitness levels.

I was curious as to whether any RDF units have PTI's as part of their establishment.

I understand that due to time constraints physical training isn't practical on parade nights, but there should be at least someone in the unit (on an offical level) who can advise on training.

Let's face it. Military fitness is very specific, so you need specific training

Its Funny at this stage but 7 years ago when I joined we all went for a Morning run did push up's sit ups etc on Camp, but for the last 4 years or so we were told we couldn't do this anymore because of Health and safety reasons, we need a qualified PTI instructor (who are never availible), Funny thing is in our unit we have 2 Fitness instructors (both fully qualified) and a guy with a H.Dip.ED in PE who cannot do physical training with us (despite being Vastly over qualified compared to the PDF PTI's) because they didn't do the PDF PTI course they Cannot make us run 10 yards.

F**k this regulations shit its destroying the RDF, reducing standards and making a mockery of us!!!

BTW RDF personnel aren't allowed on the PTI instructors course
    Friends Come and Go, but Enemies accumulate!!

Comment

Even though a standerd isint inforced it neve stoped our C.S. from getting us out of bed at 6am and going for a nice morning jog around the football pitch while on camp....
      Over the centuries, mankind has tried many ways of combating the forces of evil...prayer, fasting, good works and so on. Up until Doom, no one seemed to have thought about the double-barrel shotgun. Eat leaden death, demon...

http://www.iamawesome.com/

Comment

the FootBall PITCH???

we used to go to Seskin Bridge and Back!!

Friends Come and Go, but Enemies accumulate!!

Comment

sorry... i should clarify the situation, i ment 15 times around it! but we usually only got about 9 at most..... an erternal lession to not going too heave on the beer the night before!
          Over the centuries, mankind has tried many ways of combating the forces of evil...prayer, fasting, good works and so on. Up until Doom, no one seemed to have thought about the double-barrel shotgun. Eat leaden death, demon...

Comment

Reminds me of what a PARA once said to me when I was spewing my guts out one morning and questioning the relevance of the exercise " you peace of matelot shit , the more you sweat in peace the less you bleed in war"

Comment

"The More we Sweat in peacetime,the less we will bleed in war" - i think its from a poet but the U.S. Marines/Rnagers use it! pretty good, just like kiplings abductation of a soilder...

"God and the Soldier, we adore,
              In time of danger, not before.
              The danger passed and all things righted,
              God is forgotten and the Soldier slighted."

Comment

The 20 Bn has 2 cadre PTI's. All PDF NCOs are qualified as PTLs when the complete their POTS course now. I think we had this debate a few months ago with regard to fitting in time for PT with normal training. The 20 Bn has introduced (now in its second year) a PT program, where 2 parades a month are allocated to PT, and there is a test during the summer. The idea is to encourage people to take a personal interest in their fitness and use the PT parades as a guage for improvement.

Having failed the fitness test last year, I plan to overcome that this year

Comment

When he was on about fitness I guess he was talking about a intregrated company which would have PTI from the PDF unit training them?

Comment

Originally posted by T.I.M.
                    Even though a standerd isint inforced it neve stoped our C.S. from getting us out of bed at 6am and going for a nice morning jog around the football pitch while on camp....
                    This is all fine until someone gets injured and complaines then your CS is in a world of s**t. We used to do the same but as Bailer said about 4 years ago we also had to stop.

I think for the benefit of the RDF we should have to pass a fitness test every year, but I know I would fail it at the moment.

Comment

I know there are moves 'afoot' to recognise civvy fitness qualifications (aswell as civvy driving licences) so maybe it won't be long now when our own can look after it.

Comment

I'd imagine that when the integrated units come about, it will be critical to have higher standards of fitness, and it certainly is important for even regular RDF infantry.
                        With the integrated units, you will be definition have access to their trainers,.... one would hope.

As for PT during parade nights, well thats a bit hard as you need the time for training and one night of PT a week is not enough to have any effect.

I guess the duty is our own to ensure we are strong and fit enough, in our own time!

Comment

Without a fit soldier the training is useless 2 parades isn't much but if it convinces a reservist he/she should be doing something on his own time it's a winner.
                          "Are they trying to shoot down the other drone? "

"No, they're trying to fly the tank"

Comment

Oh PS There's a RealPlayer download of the Nationwide program available at RTE site.

Go Site Map/ then N/then Nationwide....
                            "Are they trying to shoot down the other drone? "

"No, they're trying to fly the tank"

Comment

Does anybody no how to download realplayer without it taking 2 hours?

Comment

Working...
                              X