Lectures

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lectures

How are lectures delivered in you unit, in my unit one of the corporals has a laptop which he uses to connect to a TV to give power point lectures.

Do you use asatates or just handouts. Is there any units out there that have to propper over head projectors?
    If your not in bed by 4 o' clock it's time to go home!

My unit uses a laptop connected to a projector to give powerpoint lessons. Compact and works nicely. Sometimes handouts are given out in conjunction.
    "I have never accepted what many people have kindly said, namely that I inspired the Nation. It was the nation and the race dwelling around the globe that had the lion heart. I had the luck to be called upon to give the roar"
    - Sir Winston Churchill, Speech Nov. 1954.

Comment

I assume that this equipment belongs to an individual rather than the unit?
      If your not in bed by 4 o' clock it's time to go home!

Comment

Didn't ask but knowing my CQ, you probably assume right.
        "I have never accepted what many people have kindly said, namely that I inspired the Nation. It was the nation and the race dwelling around the globe that had the lion heart. I had the luck to be called upon to give the roar"
        - Sir Winston Churchill, Speech Nov. 1954.

Comment

By company has a large combined TV & VCR and overhead projector (for asitates spelling?)

Comment

my platoon thats does the laptop and projector bit that jimmy's on about! we own the laptop, the projector is the companys, all lessons are done in either the lecture rooms in mckee or the HQ. and hand outs are given for every ppt lesson!

hope that answers the question.
            Over the centuries, mankind has tried many ways of combating the forces of evil...prayer, fasting, good works and so on. Up until Doom, no one seemed to have thought about the double-barrel shotgun. Eat leaden death, demon...

http://www.iamawesome.com/

Comment

acetates
              "Gentlemen, you can’t fight in here...this is the War Room!"

Comment

We use a black board and handouts but also have a tv/vcr combo and an overhead just in case someone comes across acetates. The blackboard/handouts might seem outdated but the lectures are always of a high quality cos of the high calibre of our instructors. Technology isn't essental to the quality of the lecture, they are only tools to aid the NCO/Officer
                Factories dont burn themselves down, they need help from people like you and me.

Comment

Originally posted by stameen soldier
                  acetates
                  When was the last time we used Acetates???

Barracks Audio Visual Room.

Comment

Let me see:
                    9 sub-units, one Audio Visual Room. Looks like it is back to the old whiteboard for me.

Comment

when i was a student in the ctd (e) there was a great Sgt called Martin Dee, he would stop you if you said hand outs, saying
                      handouts come from the ST Vincent de Paul, the military give Precis ( Pronounced Press Ays)

just thought i would get into the Christmas spirit and share,
                      Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold;
                      Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world,
                      The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere***
                      The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
                      The best lack all conviction, while the worst
                      Are full of passionate intensity.

Comment

Well in McKee they have a lot of fairly high end lecture rooms with set dell computers and projector - why not just use those rooms for RDF training? Ohh, here we go, rules, regulations and territory.... *sigh*

Comment

Thats exactly what we are doing in Sarsfield. You wont get them unless you ask.

Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing.

Comment

Originally posted by Docman
                            When was the last time we used Acetates???

Barracks Audio Visual Room.
                            somebody asked about the spelling

honestly, officers...
                            "Gentlemen, you can’t fight in here...this is the War Room!"

Comment

Naval base Had/has room set up for lectures Upper arch north/south plus main nav bay, multi stations ie over head projectors/ video/ computer projectors fixed camera for the whole acetates thing. most of the lads/insert nco rank here will do up their work in power point and use the computer, but I have seen one lecture use all three and even gave out hand outs.. rembember it's not who you know but what you can teach.. It might be great to have all these flashing screens in power point when at the end of the day you haven't got the cop on to practice what your spose to teach and keep it interesting.

regards

Comment

Working...
                              X