• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Irish platoon St. Patrick's Day SFOR

Just surfin and came across this!

Look at the step!!!

:confused: :confused:
    WARNING: Consumption of alcohol may lead you to believe that ex-lovers are really dying for you to ring them at 4am!!

what did you expect from PAs?
    Covid 19 is not over ....it's still very real..Hand Hygiene, Social Distancing and Masks.. keep safe

Comment

have i gone colour blind or is there a green beret in there???

Comment

the cav dont call them berets.......
        You're even dumber than I tell people

You might have been infected but you never were a bore

Comment

And the PDF give out about the RDF's marching
          What are you cackling at, fatty? Too much pie, that's your problem.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Al
            the cav dont call them berets.......
            You did well to spot the ribbon, 'cos from that shot, it's not easy to tell
            if it's a Glengarry or a beret......
            "Well, stone me! We've had cocaine, bribery and Arsenal scoring two goals at home. But just when you thought there were truly no surprises left in football, Vinnie Jones turns out to be an international player!" (Jimmy Greaves)!"

Comment

First, you don't have to see the ribbon. Since the photo was taken overseas the cap would not be a green beret. Second, the step itself is not bad at all. There is only one person who looks out of step and if you look closely you will see that he is not really out of step at all. He actually has both of his arms forward at the same time, while still managing to have his right foot forward and on the ground just like everybody else. That is a very difficult movement and can only be done by very special people namely retarded children, officers and military police who might even be carrying something under their right arm. I believe it's called the gorilla step and is generally performed by the right hand man in a formation of soldiers about to get blue medals for their chest, green shamrock for their cap and a big brown shoe in the ass for their marching.

Comment

Originally posted by Ex-soldier
                ...Since the photo was taken overseas the cap would not be a green beret...
                Oh? Everyone else is wearing their normal headdress in that picture, i.e; not a
                UN mission.

Are you saying a 'Wing member would be incognito in a parade like that?

Originally posted by Ex-soldier
                ...That is a very difficult movement and can only be done by very special people namely retarded children, officers and military police who might even be carrying something under their right arm...
                ...Which of course would be under his left arm.........
                Last edited by Truck Driver; 8 January 2005, 00:16.
                "Well, stone me! We've had cocaine, bribery and Arsenal scoring two goals at home. But just when you thought there were truly no surprises left in football, Vinnie Jones turns out to be an international player!" (Jimmy Greaves)!"

Comment

He's out of step alright but only by a half a step.

Comment

Originally posted by Dublinmick
                    But it's obviously a different shade of green from the ARW beret.
                    I can see it's a Glengarry, Mick, I'm just asking the question 'bout the
                    Wing headgear on o/seas...

Comment

Can tell the Cpl piper is 28 Inf Bn, can't make out the Pte's unit flash....

Comment

Originally posted by Truck Driver
                        Are you saying a 'Wing member would be incognito in a parade like that?
                        The wing wear a Dark Green (almost Black) beret. It is likely he is cav

Comment

Er SFOR is a NATO mission hence no Blueberries
                          "It is a general popular error to imagine that loudest complainers for the public to be the most anxious for it's welfare" Edmund Burke

Comment

Originally posted by DublinMick
                            Anyway, when I was in Liberia the ARW fellas wore the green berets a lot.
                            Thanks, Mick, that's what I wanted to know - would the Wing fellas wear their
                            normal hats overseas, or would they go incognito.

Docman, I know it's a Glengarry, the shade of green is too light for a Wing beret,
                            which is why I said to Mick:

I can see it's a Glengarry, Mick, I'm just asking the question 'bout the
                            Wing headgear on o/seas...

Originally posted by Come-Quickly
                            Er SFOR is a NATO mission hence no Blueberries
                            Ta, C-Q, but I knew that...

Comment

Originally posted by Dublinmick
                              So, basically, we all assumed TD knew f**k all about f**k all!
                              Therefore, assumption = mother of all ****ups. QED

Comment

Working...
                              X