Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

U.S.S John F.Kennedy to retire early (2006)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• U.S.S John F.Kennedy to retire early (2006)

looks like the JFK is going to retire early in 2006 (as opposed to 2018)

No mention of what is set to replace her, her being a super carrier and all. It will be sad to see her go :'(

I think there will be no replacement. They are talking about a reduction in hull numbers.
    Meh.

Comment

CVN 79 is to replace the JFK although construction wont begin until 2012. CVN 77,The USS George Bush(the old guy not the current one) is being built at the moment. So the next one might be the USS Bill Clinton
      Education isn't everything, for a start it isn't an elephant

Comment

So the next one might be the USS Bill Clinton
        Well, it's no worse than the USS Jimmy Carter submarine that was just built I suppose...
        "Everyone's for a free Tibet, but no one's for freeing Tibet." -Mark Steyn. What an IMO-centric quote, eh?

Comment

Originally posted by faughanballagh
          Well, it's no worse than the USS Jimmy Carter submarine that was just built I suppose...
          Naming a tugboat after that sack of shit Clinton would be more than he deserved...then again, after Monica, a tugboat might be very apt!!!!!
          "Hello, Good Evening and Bollocks..."

Roger Mellie

Comment

Naming a tugboat after that sack of shit Clinton would be more than he deserved...then again, after Monica, a tugboat might be very apt!!!!
            So that would be SOS Clinton then I suppose.

"When you arise in the morning, think of what a precious privilege it is to be alive - to breathe, to think, to enjoy, to love."

Marcus Aurelius Roman Emperor (161 to 180 A.D.)

Comment

And of course, the SOS Clinton would be crewed by a crack group of seamen, the most ablebodied being a fellow by the name of Staines.

Later.
              No-one, I think, is in my tree...

Comment

Originally posted by combatlogo
                Naming a tugboat after that sack of shit Clinton would be more than he deserved...then again, after Monica, a tugboat might be very apt!!!!!
                Actually I think Hummer (the commercial brand) making a "Bill Clinton Edition" of their H2 model would be much more appropriate.
                "Everyone's for a free Tibet, but no one's for freeing Tibet." -Mark Steyn. What an IMO-centric quote, eh?

Comment

the last of the non nukes are going to be finished very soon...ironic really the irish DF are trying to phase out petrol while the yanks are trying to get rid of conventional propulsion ...wonder who willl complete the task first!
                  Covid 19 is not over ....it's still very real..Hand Hygiene, Social Distancing and Masks.. keep safe

Comment

Originally posted by faughanballagh
                    Carter was a sumbariner (this is the second time this has come around...)

As for Clinton... I suspect that there will never be a USS Clinton. Especially after Tailhook.
                    Meh.

Comment

There is no USS Nixon either.
                      I think John C Stennis took the Honour from the LBJ Administration.

Under FYDP 06-11 the USN plan to reduce the number of carriers from 12 to 11,with Kitty Hawk due to retire in 2008.Meanwhle a one year delay is being imposed on those building the next generation carrier. (CVN-21).
                      Another problem is that Japan will not consent to the stationing of a Nuclear powered Carrier at Yokosuka, Could JFK go to the pacific in the interim? I think big E is older than JFK though.

CVN 77 will be known as George HW Bush.

Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing.

Comment

Yeah, Big E is older, JFK was two hull numbers after (USS America was in between them). E is an anomaly. She has 8 reactors...
                        Meh.

Comment

Working...
                        X