Recruit training 2nd time around

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recruit training 2nd time around

I would just like to know wat people think my chances are of getting back into army for 2nd time? i was in recruit training for 5 months but missed the glen for my own personal reasons which meant i couldnt pass out which i accepted coz it was of my own choice i missed it!! This was a very big mistake & i regret it for the reasons i let all my buddies down n the nco's that had trained me all throughout my time in training but i made my mistake n had to live with it! I had an interview to get back in in november but failed the interview which was more than likely for missing the glen & leaving & i have another interview scheduled for next month! I would jus like to know wat everyone thinks of my chances of getting back in? it is the career i want n if i do get back in i will make any sacfrices i have to, to pass out!!

There are no personal reasons for army recruits. Either you do it or you don't. As long as they have plenty of others lined up trying to get in, there is no reason for them to bring you back when you didn't make it the first time round. They wasted 5 months on you already and you decided that you had something else that was more important to you than finishing your training which at that stage was alomost done anyway. I would say that it is highly unlikely that you will be going back in the army. Move on and find something else to do. Now if you know a politician....

Comment

I knew at least one female who joined the FCA to get extra credit for the PDF, successfully applied for the PDF, went home in tears missing her mammy (no exaggeration unfortunately) after a week, swearing that the army was not for her, oh what a fool she'd been.

She applied almost immediately to join the PDF again. Again she succeeded. And again she went home to her mammy after a week.

So it's happened at least once
      Take these men and women for your example.
      Like them, remember that posterity can only
      be for the free; that freedom is the sure
      possession of those who have the
      courage to defend it.
      Liberty is being free from the things we don't like in order to be slaves of the things we do like.
      If you're not ready to die for it, put the word freedom out of your vocabulary.

Comment

ah well i will just keep trying till the realise that i know it is want i want!!! i will be a soldier or else its off to us army for me!

Comment

Working...
        X