manuals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• manuals

ok this will probably make me look fairly thick, but where can i get an army training manuals? and whats the exact name for them? any help wud b great thnx

Originally posted by Pvt. Eoin
    ok this will probably make me look fairly thick, but where can i get an army training manuals? and whats the exact name for them? any help wud b great thnx
    You don't need them and you won't get them, if you are unsure of anything ask your NCO.

Comment

What do you need them for?
      If your not in bed by 4 o' clock it's time to go home!

Comment

Recuits do not need manuals, your ncos tell you everything you need to know, though if your desperate, i can email you notes on the steyr?
        The trick to pet names is a combination of affectionate nouns. Honeybun. Sugarpie. Kittentits.

Comment

Originally posted by Gasplug
          Recuits do not need manuals, your ncos tell you everything you need to know, though if your desperate, i can email you notes on the steyr?
          Wouldn't suppose you'd want to credit the source of said notes, would you?

Comment

no i just wanted to hav 1 jsut to c whats there all about and to find out small stuff that yah wonder but wud b afraid to ask cos i wud look stupid ya kno, but thanks anyway

Comment

Originally posted by Pvt. Eoin
              no i just wanted to hav 1 jsut to c whats there all about and to find out small stuff that yah wonder but wud b afraid to ask cos i wud look stupid ya kno, but thanks anyway
              *spends 10 minutes decoding message*

The "small stuff that you wonder but would be afraid to ask, because it would make you look stupid" (if I understood you correctly) is also the stuff that you should be told by your Corporals. Never feel too stupid to ask questions. Everyone would prefer that you ask the question and clarify it in your mind, than to sit in wonderland, fall behind the rest, and fail your TOETs.

Plus, if it's a REALLY stupid question, everyone will laugh and think you asked it jokingly, thus placing you in the role of the loveable joker. Y'know, the one who is always the second to be shot in the movies (right after the token non-white person)

Comment

Simple rule for manuals: If you dont know where to get them,you don't need them.

Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing.

Comment

For Irish Army manuals, forget about it. Unless things have changed (and yes, I've been out long enough that they may well have) these will be unobtainable until a week before your Pots Cse.

For general information & tactical references- Google it. There is a wealth of information on fieldcraft, the US Army First Aid manual can be downloaded in full, so can many others. Don't stick to military- hikers & campers know a bit about sleeping on the side of the mountain too.

There is no such thing as a stupid question- if your NCO doesn't answer, either he doesn't know and shouldn't be instructing, or he doesn't care and shouldn't be instructing. No-one should laugh; if your fellow privates/recruits know better than you, they should help bridge the gap, as you should if the situations are reversed.
                  Take these men and women for your example.
                  Like them, remember that posterity can only
                  be for the free; that freedom is the sure
                  possession of those who have the
                  courage to defend it.
                  Liberty is being free from the things we don't like in order to be slaves of the things we do like.
                  If you're not ready to die for it, put the word freedom out of your vocabulary.

Comment

Originally posted by Goldie fish
                    Simple rule for manuals: If you dont know where to get them,you don't need them.
                    Do you not request them from your CQ?

Comment

Originally posted by JAG
                      For Irish Army manuals, forget about it. Unless things have changed (and yes, I've been out long enough that they may well have) these will be unobtainable until a week before your Pots Cse.
                      Irish Army manuals are available in the DFTC Library in the Curragh. Reservists may go into the library and read but may not take out books or manuals. I also understand that there are several manuals missing but a good supply are still there. It also includes training videos.

Comment

Originally posted by bulldemboots!
                        Do you not request them from your CQ?
                        You can try, if he has them!

Comment

No chance

:tri: If your looking for manuals then dont go to your CQ as he/she will tell u that u will never get them.U may have to beg borrow or steal to get them just like I did. Why not ask your nco for a loan of them.. U never know they might just do it and when u have it photocopy it.

Comment

things, for once, have taken a massive step forwards on this aspect.

Unable to say more

OTOH manuals can always be gotten if needed [ stress if needed ]
                            "Are they trying to shoot down the other drone? "

"No, they're trying to fly the tank"

Comment

What's the big deal about getting manuals? Why is it so hard for a soldier to lay his hands on them? Are they sacred cows or similar? I just don't get it, but then again, I never did anyway !!!

Later.
                              No-one, I think, is in my tree...

Comment

Working...
                              X