Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Most Useful piece of kit you have ever bought?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Most Useful piece of kit you have ever bought?

well lads.....we had the most useless......now for the most usefull
    Pussyand Gunsmoke.......live by one, die by the other, and love the smell of both in the morning!!

PROTAC webbing - without a doubt!

Comment

Meindl army pros. No soldier should be without

Comment

A real victorinox Swiss army knife. Mine has a serated blade, and a lock, I dont know the proper term but it stops the blade coming back and cutting your finger. It really is dead handy, from undoing a really tight buckle on the sling of the steyr, to putting down the automatic lock out. It was about €30 and I would not be with out it
        ====================================
        Theres no place like 127.0.0.1
        ====================================

Comment

Platipus, or my materhorns... but i didnt but them!
          Over the centuries, mankind has tried many ways of combating the forces of evil...prayer, fasting, good works and so on. Up until Doom, no one seemed to have thought about the double-barrel shotgun. Eat leaden death, demon...

http://www.iamawesome.com/

Comment

I HAD A BOTTLE OF PADDYS FOR AN EXC ONCE....SWORE ID NEVER GO ON THE GROUND WITHOUT ONE AGAIN
            Pussyand Gunsmoke.......live by one, die by the other, and love the smell of both in the morning!!

Comment

Leatherman Wave, can do anything from fixing fuel connections to making the sandwiches
              No Beast so fell that knows no pity,
              No Beast am I, For I know no pity...

Comment

I've got all the stuff... Matterhorns, Leatherman Pulse (with locking blades), Garmin GPS, Active Peltors... but nothing can beat those medium sized plastic bags that are used for storing sandwiches food etc. Mess tins fit exactly in them.

In goes the army stew thats dished out on the range. Once you've eaten the food then dispose of the bag and hey presto... your mess tin is still clean!

Lazy I know... but it certainly beats trying to clean my mess tins on the side of a mountain in Kilbride.
                Beart do reir ar mbriathar

Comment

I like the thinking behind that yep thats got to be the best idea in ages ..give that man a cigar......go to the top of the class...saves carrying a dishwasher in your bergen.....

any body know where I can get a mount that fits on a steyr for a maglite a must for the FIBUA in fort Davis ... house clearance exercises....
                  Covid 19 is not over ....it's still very real..Hand Hygiene, Social Distancing and Masks.. keep safe

Comment

Originally posted by hptmurphy
                    I like the thinking behind that yep thats got to be the best idea in ages ..give that man a cigar......go to the top of the class...saves carrying a dishwasher in your bergen.....
                    no need to be like that.... funny though!
                    Over the centuries, mankind has tried many ways of combating the forces of evil...prayer, fasting, good works and so on. Up until Doom, no one seemed to have thought about the double-barrel shotgun. Eat leaden death, demon...

http://www.iamawesome.com/

Comment

Murph, I got a lovely peice of kit in Protac for fitting an AA maglite to the scope on the steyr, it cost around 16 euro.

end cap for maglite

This is next on my gucci list, instant light at the touch of a button!!:D
                      Sigs - No amps, no volts = no interest

Comment

Also a Leatherman Wave...Mine came from Bosnia and I rarely go anywhere without it.
                        Protac do a nice little pouch in irish dpm that holds your Leatherman,a mini maglite and romer,and even a bic lighter. With that on your belt,you need little else..

As for the maglite on the steyr,a bit of insulation tape,attach the torch to the side of the folded barrel grip,not the bottom. Does the job fine,for about 50c

Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing.

Comment

You can't beat the good old victorinox Swiss army knife, I've got a "Tinker Deluxe" and a "Swiss Champ". Both come with a pliars, blades screw drivers tweezers etc.
                          Really useful for cleaning weapons, opening tins and especiallly fixing stuff. No soldier should be without one. A proper flashlight is also essential, a genuine us issue j-torch (the copies are less sturdy and not as water resistant) or a maglite.

Comment

insect repellent.
                            "Are they trying to shoot down the other drone? "

"No, they're trying to fly the tank"

Comment

there is not any item more usefull than a good swiss army,

Comment

Working...
                              X