Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mungo

Mungo Armoured Truck

It's an interesting possibility, looks like a very low ground clearance though, the Bundeswehr have paid 66m for 268 of them, each carries 2+8 in CEMO or more usually cargo.
    "It is a general popular error to imagine that loudest complainers for the public to be the most anxious for it's welfare" Edmund Burke

looks like a bloody chip van!
    Covid 19 is not over ....it's still very real..Hand Hygiene, Social Distancing and Masks.. keep safe

Comment

Its just a small truck, based on a council wagon (streetcleaning, utility maintnenance etc) but the USMC are investigating using it as an artillery tractor, and it has protection against 7.62x51 Ball.
      Not an LTAV or APC candidate, just a small truck.
      If it proves up to the job of pulling the USMCs light guns I think it could be a very sensible purchase for the Corps of S&T/Logistics since they'd have a multipurpose platform with protection for crew and cargo for overseas or COIN purposes.
      Its an interesting alternative to the Pinzgauer or Duro type vehicle, although I suspect both those vehicles could be easily uparmoured to match, and we have less concern about air portability and dropability (neologism?) than the German Airborne forces.
      "It is a general popular error to imagine that loudest complainers for the public to be the most anxious for it's welfare" Edmund Burke

Comment

It it not similar in ways to the Mowag Duro?(Which has been purchaced by the DF)

Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing.

Comment

Suppose it has its percs. Looks like it was made in the metelwork department of southhill yoputhreach program. Got any specs on it??
          Trouble, Trouble, I tried to chase trouble but its chasing me.
          Trouble, trouble, trouble with a capitol T
          do do do do do do do da do do do. etc etc......

Comment

Goldie
            Its an interesting alternative to the Pinzgauer or Duro type vehicle, although I suspect both those vehicles could be easily uparmoured to match, and we have less concern about air portability and dropability (neologism?) than the German Airborne forces.
            HLV; Try the link

Comment

World wide 24hours service? They could regret that.
              Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body,
              but rather to skid in sideways, Champagne in one hand - strawberries in the other,
              body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming........................
              WOO HOO - What a Ride!" :tri:

Comment

Originally posted by Come-quickly
                Goldie

HLV; Try the link
                Sorry cq,posted a reply after lookin at the photo,didnt read the rest...

Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing.

Comment

Hell, when I saw the title of the thread, I thought we were getting into a "Blazing Saddles"
                  discussion !!!

Remember this guy......

Telegram for Mungo.... (or was it Mongo???)
                  "Well, stone me! We've had cocaine, bribery and Arsenal scoring two goals at home. But just when you thought there were truly no surprises left in football, Vinnie Jones turns out to be an international player!" (Jimmy Greaves)!"

Comment

Originally posted by Goldie fish
                    Sorry cq,posted a reply after lookin at the photo,didnt read the rest...
                    NP, what I was really interested at getting at is the possibilty of a similar level of protection on something like the Duro (which I presume would be eligible for the 3/4 ton truck Competition.)

Comment

Working...
                    X