Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Irish NS in NY for March 17th.

:tri:
    L.E Roisin will Be in New york from March 14th(pier 17 I think,I'll have to check)and will be in town for the duration of the plastic paddyfest,heading to Boston later in the week. More details as I get them.

Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing.

Any RN participation Goldie? Considering that their there are probably just as as many Irish in the RN as in the INS?

Comment

South Street Seaport pier 17. Arriving March 14th,until March 19th, then on to Boston.

Don't know about the RN. You should be telling me.

Comment

Irish NS in NY for March 17

Originally posted by Rooster
        Any RN participation Goldie? Considering that their there are probably just as as many Irish in the RN as in the INS?
        Not in the Ward Rooms there's not.

Comment

Originally posted by Goldie fish
          Don't know about the RN. You should be telling me.
          Fair comment, I'll have a look next week when I'm back at work.
          So, does the INS ever do any cross-pol work with other navies? Would'nt mind seeing how life compared, I've done coss-pols with germans, dutch and americams (ben and jerrys at every meal)

Comment

Yes. Naval service personnell at all levels regularly take part in foreign Naval courses.

Comment

Currently an officer from the RNZN is at sea for a patrol with the NS.

Comment

Originally posted by Sluggie
                Currently an officer from the RNZN is at sea for a patrol with the NS.
                One of the few Navies in the world we have more ships than...

Comment

there is an exchange program in place between the Irish and New Zealand navies,(or about to be put in place) that allows officers from either navy to transfer to the other for a few years.I'm not quite sure on the exact terms and conditions.
                  Last edited by Guest; 15 March 2005, 16:03.

Comment

Originally posted by Rooster
                    Fair comment, I'll have a look next week when I'm back at work.
                    So, does the INS ever do any cross-pol work with other navies? Would'nt mind seeing how life compared, I've done coss-pols with germans, dutch and americams (ben and jerrys at every meal)
                    You must have been eating in the Chief's Mess as I never remember top-notch ice cream (anyway, the USN is unlikely to use any products from those Vermont liberal freaks!!!)

I once spent a few days on a Morroccan amphib, had been a US LST in a previous life - that was an eye opener...their embarked troops lived, not in berthing spaces, but in the cargo hold...and the company we embarked on my LPD had some issues with the hygeine facilities, dropping logs in the showers and washing their feet in the sinks...the pissers too, I think!
                    "Hello, Good Evening and Bollocks..."

Roger Mellie

Comment

Originally posted by combatlogo
                      You must have been eating in the Chief's Mess as I never remember top-notch ice cream (anyway, the USN is unlikely to use any products from those Vermont liberal freaks!!!)
                      They have "AutoDog" which I am sure you're familar with CL....
                      Meh.

Comment

I sure do!!!! Also fondly remember having sliders (burgers, for you non-Yank types) for lunch on Fridays and Saturday night being pizza night (followed by a movie in our office using the projector and a sheet).
                        "Hello, Good Evening and Bollocks..."

Roger Mellie

Comment

CL, ever have a "Barney Clark"? I've been asked to ask you...
                          Meh.

Comment

Guys, can you help?

Hey everyone...Just wondering if you can help me out at all; does anyone know if the Irish Navy (from the L. E. Roisin- I think that's how it's spelt?) marched in the St. Patty's Day Parade in New York? Trying to track a friend down...hope someone can help!
                            Last edited by Guest; 20 March 2005, 20:58.

Comment

Originally posted by Jenny
                              Trying to track a friend down...hope someone can help!
                              He hasn't said he's a member of the ARW, and he's been to Iraq, by any chance?

Comment

Working...
                              X