patrol photos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• patrol photos

I just thought I'd lob these up for anyone interested in naval patrols. there's quite a few so sorry for taking up all the space! compliments to L/S Dore (NS).

Double Boarding

heavy slamming

heavy slamming2

Launching delta

luxury norweigian trawler

getting battered

view from flag deck

delta at speed

coming alongside trawler

boarding trawler

delta getting ready for retrieval

coming alongside irish trawler

boarding again

Rough weather in ballycotton bay.the waves are in the wrong direction.

anchoring with rough weather.

after a big wave
    Last edited by ELVIS; 12 April 2005, 15:43.

Some great photos there elvis..

Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing.

Comment

Cheers.luckily we had rubbish weather for some of the patrol so interesting pictures were available

Comment

here is some of the crew on skellig michael last december..
        Attached Files

Comment

there great photos well done...I even recognise some of the people from my days in the NS and that was 17 years ago....I won't name the three I recognise as they might be a bit sensitive to it.
          Covid 19 is not over ....it's still very real..Hand Hygiene, Social Distancing and Masks.. keep safe

Comment

Some very good photos there, I almost bent my knees in anticipation of the next wave.

Comment

some cool photos man
              by any chance do you know Galway Hooker he is supposes to be on the board???
              Lifes a bitch, so be her pimp!

Comment

sorry, afraid not. He could have been on leave while I was there, although I didn't here any references to him. He may have just joined the ship aswell, those pics are about 2 months old. Soundest bunch of lads ever on that ship though, learned loads from them.

Comment

Great photos. Very dodgey looking radio operator ye have there though. Looks a bit like Mike Steele!
                  "Never believe anything in politics until it has been officially denied."

Otto Von Bismark

Comment

This person is doing the job of bowman not radio operator. The bowman in most cases doubles up as radio operator which is a mega pain in the ass as you have the world of crap hanging off you..lifejacket..radio bag..wires for headset..EPIRB. makes hooking up the boat rope that bit more clumsy.
                    Last edited by ELVIS; 12 April 2005, 15:46.

Comment

Originally posted by the babs
                      here is some of the crew on skellig michael last december..
                      Did you visit the Pub while you were there? The Crew of Aoife were always welcome...few bother with the climb though...
                      They are delighted with any visitors they get,but these days the NS are one of the few,since the lighthouse became automated...

Comment

Getting lots of flashbacks any more pictures

Comment

I have a load of them.a lot are fairly similar to those already taken but I suppose it wouldn't do any harm to throw a few more up. They'll be there monday.anyone else got pics? wouldn't mind getting a "scazz" at some other peoples patrols.

Comment

One of these days I'm gonna dig up my seafaring photos and show you what real bad weather looks like...

Force 10 in the German Bight in the middle of august....and you only have an 18 in freeboard at main deck level.....Going to anchor was not an option as it would have meant walking the hatch to the bow,as the ship pitches and rolls,and the nearest guardrails are under 3 feet of surf....

ARRRRRRRRRRRRR

Comment

Originally posted by Goldie fish
                              One of these days I'm gonna dig up my seafaring photos and show you what real bad weather looks like...

Force 10 in the German Bight in the middle of august....and you only have an 18 in freeboard at main deck level.....Going to anchor was not an option as it would have meant walking the hatch to the bow,as the ship pitches and rolls,and the nearest guardrails are under 3 feet of surf....

ARRRRRRRRRRRRR
                              There was a galleon of the 'larboard bow and she fired grape shot at us. Our captain had to be amputated and the smell of pitch was in the air. I remember well the cabin boy been torn asunder when the mizen mast came down. We would have been lost had it not been for our young 3rd lieutenant who rallied us all with a hearty cry and led a musket charge against the scurvey sea dogs that attacked us....
                              Meh.

Comment

Working...
                              X