Physical Training and Reorganisation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Physical Training and Reorganisation

I heard from an officier that the RDF may be bringing in physical fitness standards and training, anyone any idea what this is!

and i hear alot about the new reorganised RDF anyone have any idea what that means for the 24th and the units nearby!

Well it has been mentioned elsewhere on this board that RDF personel will have to pass a fitness test before they can go on courses from this year onwards. This i feel is a huge step in the right direction. Hopefully they will also bring in interviews for potential NCO's and higher courses.

Comment

There is currently a voluntary code in practice (maybe not officially but it is taking off). Courses (in the east anyway) have been including a fitness test, but I do not think they have been kicking anybody off for failing it. My unit has a voluntary fitness assessment (heading into year 2). I would not be surprised if it was brought in in the next few years.

Comment

The 24th is to be merged with the 19th
        You're even dumber than I tell people

You might have been infected but you never were a bore

Comment

The best of the 7FAR is being reorganised as a Reserve Intergrated Bty in the 2FAR and the rest are changing to 6FAR when it moves from DFTC to the Ebde

Friends Come and Go, but Enemies accumulate!!

Comment

Originally posted by Big Al
            The 24th is to be merged with the 19th
            Are you sure about that? I heard we are losing a company to the 19th but i didnt think the two were being merged into one.
            P.s Nice but dim, did you join up with us yet?

Comment

My source is the washington post, seriously thats what the steering groups re-org document recommends, a lot of units are for the chop especially the pa's :D
              Last edited by Big Al; 26 March 2003, 13:53.

Comment

Don't say that!!
                Nooooooo

We PA's are a happy-go-luckey lot, we don't want to be demobed!
                we brighten the barracks up with our cheery banter, our hearthy laughter, our jollyness and our bright red hats!!

But you are right, a number of different sources confirm that many PA's will end up on the streets wearing old rags, drinking out of wine bottles (from a paper bag) reminising on about the "good old days", and drearily stumbling about looking for a doorway where we can lay down and die.
                And when they find our stiff cold corpses on a cold winter morn,
                they will pry open our tightly clenched hands,
                to find our stiff cold dead fingers clasping our old red cap and badge,...

Then they will feel guilty!!!

Comment

You should be a story writer Lordflash.........

Comment

mmmmmm i've always mistaken pa's for speed bumps, i wonder why?

Comment

Those speed bumps were probably some of the already demobed PA's sleeping under newspapers on the streets, cos all the medics (also to sufferfrom the reorg) have got the park benches.

Comment

You should be a story writer Lordflash.........
                        Yeah, that whole speil about PA's being smiley happy people is some piece of fiction.
                        "The dolphins were monkeys that didn't like the land, walked back to the water, went back from the sand."

Comment

quote: "our jollyness and our bright red hats" !!!!!

Flash, are you sure you're not confusing youself with Santa & Co. !:D

Comment

if they do bring in fitness tests,its about feckin time.

Comment

Originally posted by LordFlash
                              We PA's are a happy-go-luckey lot, we don't want to be demobed!
                              we brighten the barracks up with our cheery banter, our hearthy laughter, our jollyness and our bright red hats!!

With that attiude you a deffo 6 f mpc!
                              Over the centuries, mankind has tried many ways of combating the forces of evil...prayer, fasting, good works and so on. Up until Doom, no one seemed to have thought about the double-barrel shotgun. Eat leaden death, demon...

http://www.iamawesome.com/

Comment

Working...
                              X