German A Bomb

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• German A Bomb

Controversial to be sure, however, new research has been done. The following is taken from "Luftwaffe Over America" by Manfred Griehl. "The first of these declassified papers is to be found in NARA/RG 38, Box 9-13 Entry 98c, Top Secret Naval Attache Reports 1944-1947 of the US National Archives. It is an Intelligence Report issued by COMNAVEU London on 24 January 1946 by Captain R. F. Hickey, USN, and entitled 'Investigations, Research, Developments and Practical Use of the German Atomic Bomb'."

The popular consensus is that German atomic research began and ended with a man named Heisenberg. I suggest research into Baron Manfred von Ardenne and his work at the Reichspost.

The British published post-war reports stating that Britain was preparing for a nuclear attack in August 1944. For those who care to look, see The Daily Telegraph, page 5, 11 August 1945.

Also, a reminder that Germany had nerve gas but did not use it. The following is taken from "The German Army Medical Corps in World War II" by Alex Buchner (a veteran). "In the Urlau ammunition depot near Leutkirchen in the Allgaeu, 10,00 tons of normal ammunition and over 20,000 tons of poison-gas ammunition were stord: blue-green and yellow-cross grenades as well as large quatities of Tabun, the newly developed nerve poison. Their explosion if the enemy came near had been expressly ordered by Hitler. Explosive charges and fuses were already mounted. The key for their activation was held by the commandant of the camp, Major Zoeller. When the approaching French troops were reported as being in Leutkirch on April 27, Major Zoeller agreed with the medical officer of the depot not to blow up the depot, but to surrender it."

On the other hand, pehaps it's better to let sleeping dogs lie.

Keep that quiet or Bush will want to invade to find those hidden German WMDs...

Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing.

Comment

Eh, what exactly is the evidence to back this assertion up? You give a quote referencing a reference, but don't give any details - then go off on an unrelated tangent about nerve gas?

Comment

There's pretty good evidence to the fact that the Germans never developed Atomic weapons.

The Americans did.
        sigpic
        Say NO to violence against Women

Originally posted by hedgehog
        My favourite moment was when the
        Originally posted by hedgehog
        red headed old dear got a smack on her ginger head

Comment

Ah yes, the alleged Heisenberg deception. He of the famed Uncertainty principle...
          Meh.

Comment

Originally posted by yooklid
            Ah yes, the alleged Heisenberg deception. He of the famed Uncertainty principle...
            Jesus, what's a nerd like you doing driving such a fine automobile???? :wink:
            "Hello, Good Evening and Bollocks..."

Roger Mellie

Comment

Shut the hole under your nose. It's not my fault if you can't get my obscure references

Originally posted by combatlogo
              Jesus, what's a nerd like you doing driving such a fine automobile???? :wink:
              To say nothing of the fine women I'm screwing.
              Meh.

Comment

...To say nothing of the fine women I'm screwing.

Hey now,

Mail order girlfriends don't count !!! Hitting on the domestic help shows a severe lack of class too !!! It doesn't matter if they promise to "love you long time" if you are done after 2 minutes. Waste of your money !!!

Later.
                No-one, I think, is in my tree...

Comment

Originally posted by strummer
                  Hey now,

Mail order girlfriends don't count !!! Hitting on the domestic help shows a severe lack of class too !!! It doesn't matter if they promise to "love you long time" if you are done after 2 minutes. Waste of your money !!!

Later.
                  Pah! I don't have to listen to the remonstrations of a frustrated fire fighter!
                  Meh.

Comment

Harsh....

I saw/read/heard something, could have been on www.breakingnews.ie (could equally have been overheard on the bus, or on the street) suggesting that the Nazis did develop a bomb, and tested it a few weeks before the final collapse in a part of Berlin, resulting in hundreds/thousands of deaths.

Strangely, it wasn't any part of Berlin which was occupied by a horde of Russian troops at the time. The best place for testing a weapon of mass destruction when being invaded would seem to be directly above the enemy's troops, but what do I know.

Anyone else hear that urban legend?
                    Take these men and women for your example.
                    Like them, remember that posterity can only
                    be for the free; that freedom is the sure
                    possession of those who have the
                    courage to defend it.
                    Liberty is being free from the things we don't like in order to be slaves of the things we do like.
                    If you're not ready to die for it, put the word freedom out of your vocabulary.

Comment

That langball completely screwed me over in my chemistry exam last year.

JAG, thats a terrible lot of bull about the bomb. I think we'd have heard about it long before today if it were in any bit remotely true.
                      "Never believe anything in politics until it has been officially denied."

Otto Von Bismark

Comment

JAG - interesting fairy tale - but how would they hide the residual radiation to this day?

Comment

What if Einstein wasn't a Jew? According to Einstein himself, the Germans got very far with Atomic research, imagine the outcome if he was on the dark side. My money would have been on Germany.
                          "I have never accepted what many people have kindly said, namely that I inspired the Nation. It was the nation and the race dwelling around the globe that had the lion heart. I had the luck to be called upon to give the roar"
                          - Sir Winston Churchill, Speech Nov. 1954.

Comment

Working...
                          X